By popular demand: New Brewmistress

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Baron von BeeGee

Beer Bully
Reaction score
Last Friday my wife and I welcomed our new Brewmistress to the world: Olivia Madison von BeeGee. 7lb 15oz, and everybody is resting well. Hence my apparent absence from the boards lately, but I think I'll be able to ramp back up to at least 3/4 of my former self!

Can't wait till she's able to help sparge with Daddy...she's already got the flatulence down pat.

:mug:

Blessings on her, your wife and yes, on you as well. Congrats.

What will be her first brew I wonder? Hopefully not a Hefe!

-BP

The truth is it has already been taken care of and you are just celebrating and recognising that. Where you have the party makes no difference! She and all of you are in my thoughts and prayers this morning (second service in 26 minutes, now you know what ministers do between services!)

Congratulations Old Boy! Glad to hear that the Baroness and your newly born Heiress are resting well.

Don't worry too much about your absence on the Forum, you've more pressing demands on your time now - Check in when it fits in around your free moments.
Once again congratulations!!! :mug:

Big Congrats Baron :mug:

Is this your first? Our first is due on the 27th of Dec. and I can't wait.

BTW Olivia is a pretty name. Good luck.

Jason

That is superb! :mug: Congrats to you guys! Enjoy the blessings that little ones are, and post a pic when you get a chance!

All the best from my tribe to yours! :rockin:

Ize

Thanks for the well wishes, guys. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. I've definitely figured out that sleep is sometimes more valuable than even eating, but the awake times are still awesome and I hope the newness doesn't wear off.

I tell you what, though, when it's 3 in the morning, she's pushing through teeth AND has a cold AND has diaper rash, and she can't get comfortable to fall asleep, and you haven't slept well all week, and you've got a meeting at 8:00 in the morning...

Let's just say I've wondered EXACTLY how painful a castration-with-rusty-scissors would be.

Yeah, the wee hours wake-up calls can be trying enough, and we haven't even dealt with an illness yet. However, as Dude told me the other night: just don't let anything frustrate you and enjoy the experience. She was asleep when I got home from work and I have to resist the temptation to wake her up...

Dude's got it right, of course. It goes by far quicker than you can imagine. The cool thing is - it really does keep getting better. She morphs from expressionless blob to blabbering monkey before you know it. Wouldn't change anything (except I've vote for babies coming with their teeth already in place).

I think I said congratulations in person on Saturday night but in case I didn't..... congratulations!

Gongrats to you and the wife. Start looking into the blacksmithing forums now, before you actually need to start making the chastity belt. Seriously tho, take every moment in stride and remember, even in the most trying times to come, that you and your wife are truely blessed. Don't take for granted any time that you are given with your new found love and look forward to each and every minute you are given, for before your very eyes that beautiful little girl will soon be a woman.
That little one will scare you, infuriate you, fill you heart with joy, and make the grown man you are cry like a baby at times, it is the best thing that could ever happen to any man. Now you too, will know the other meaning of my signature.
Again congrats to you and the wife.

Back