Always seem to get cloying with wheat beers in brewtarget

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpacemanSpiff

Reaction score
I've been playing around with brewtarget and it works pretty well. However, it seems like any wheat recipe I do always seems the get the cloying label. Is that just how the style is supposed to be? This isn't just with my recipes, I've put in the recipes from kits I've used from AHS and Midwest and they get the same thing. This is all with all of the style numbers in green.

I've liked the kits I've made, so I'm not overly concerned, but just curious why known recipes are getting an expectation of out of balance flavor.

:mug:

Yes, I'm getting that too. Did you ever figure it out?

I can give you the formula used for determining that, but I don't understand where it came from or what it is trying to express. rocketman doesn't frequent these forums any longer, so it takes me a bit of time to chase him down.

mik

I had that too until I added the amounts of hops on that tab. It always went in as 0 oz and there fore was always cloying... Try that!

Back