Riddick

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diaperload

Reaction score
Just saw it. Rode my new motorcycle in the rain to go see it. Do I care? Not really cause it was AWESOME.

I'd recommend it to anyone. Especially if you liked Pitch Black. Somewhat similar to the first installment. Mercenaries, scary creatures, a hot butch chick that I sure wish was straight, some light comic relief, and a dog (well, alien dog).

I guess Riddick won't be for everyone. Kinda gotta like sci-fi.

I believe the "hot butch chick" is none other than Katie Sackhoff, aka. "Starbuck" on the Battlestar Galactica rehash.

And yeah.. she's nothing but hot.

bsg-starbuck-Ew.com_.jpg

(She looked pretty good in "Longmire", too..)

Pitch Black was good, and I liked The Chronicles Of Riddick quite a bit too; I wasn't very happy with Dark Fury, but it was what it was; I'm sure it appealed to some. Haven't seen the latest Riddick installment, but the teasers sure do look good. I'll be going to see it soon. So far, Vin Diesel as Riddick hasn't disappointed.
Regards, GF.

EDIT: Apparently Vin Diesel is working on a movie about Hannibal & the invasion of Rome. He was on The Late, Late Show last night, see it here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just read a review in an online news source that basically said don't waste your time. It wasn't any better than the other movies...

And I'm thinking, "HELL YES!" I loved the first movies! Pitch Black was badass. He was born to play that role, IMO

KT is just icing on the cake (or muffin, if you prefer). Saw her on The Nerdist. She said she and Tricia Helfer went on a motorcycle journey together and everyone recognized her, but Tricia was brunette and nobody recognized her because she was blonde on the show (BSG). It was a good interview and I'm excited to see the movie and might even check out Longmire.

Pitch Black was SO much better than the convoluted forays into civilized war and regime change.

This movie looks like a return to the roots. WILL SEE IT.

"How do I get eyes like that?"

Big Riddick fan, it seems every now and again an actor gets a part it seems they were just about born to play. I think Vin Diesel is perfect for Riddick.
Not much of a movie goer but the Wife says you like that Riddick stuff, why don't you go see it in theater with your buddy and have a couple of beers afterwards?

Gotta Love Her!

I'm wondering just how the story is going to explain how Riddick, after attaining the position of supreme commander of the Necromonger empire, ends up alone & hunted again.
Regards, GF.

Homercidal said:
Just read a review in an online news source that basically said don't waste your time. It wasn't any better than the other movies...

And I'm thinking, "HELL YES!" I loved the first movies! Pitch Black was badass. He was born to play that role, IMO

KT is just icing on the cake (or muffin, if you prefer). Saw her on The Nerdist. She said she and Tricia Helfer went on a motorcycle journey together and everyone recognized her, but Tricia was brunette and nobody recognized her because she was blonde on the show (BSG). It was a good interview and I'm excited to see the movie and might even check out Longmire.

Longmire is a great show and claimed a honored spot on my DVR list

Diesel is a total nerd for this stuff- you guys are right about being made for this part. He was geeking out on the series before ever being cast. Looking forward to this new one.

Latest posts

Back