Canadian buying tobacco from states

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Antler

Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm not a regular smoker by any means, but on occasion I like to have the odd cigarette or cigar. I've have a few cigars I liked, but I really love Marlboro red cigarettes.
How can I get some of these in Canada? I don't think the duties and taxes would be outrageous, probably come out to be the same money as cigarettes here (~$11 a pack).
Does anyone know best way to do this? Any kind volunteers accept PayPal to ship me a carton lol

If you live close to the border, just come over and get some from duty free, then walk back. I see it in Ontario all the time. You apparently don't even have to clear customs.

Last time I watched a bunch of guys ride the ferry over, walk in to duty free, and take their stuff right back on to the ferry. I had not even cleared customs in the length of time it took them to get their smokes and get back on the boat.

Marlboro is worldwide, you can buy them in Mexico, Germany, China, Australia, etc...
That being said, there IS a difference between the Marlboro you get in the US & other countries; IMHO, nothing beats a Marlboro from the USA, they just taste better.
I'd think you'd be able to find them at your local convenience store, or certainly your local tobbacconist's shop.
You could just come accross the border & buy in the US.
Regards, GF.

I don't live close to the border, and no Marlboro is available in Canada. I've checked. They do sell "rooftops" here that are supposed to be relabeled marlboros, but they don't taste near the same.

Really, is there any legal way to get marlboros from the states to me (NL)?

I don't live close to the border, and no Marlboro is available in Canada. I've checked. They do sell "rooftops" here that are supposed to be relabeled marlboros, but they don't taste near the same.

Really, is there any legal way to get marlboros from the states to me (NL)?

There are a few legal internet tobacco sales still, I think, although many are illegal. It has to do with taxes and states putting "stamps" on the packs. Shipping you a carton would be a state offense, as well as a federal offense, for anybody who doesn't have the authority to do it.

Do an internet search for RYO tobacco.

If you get the right tobacco blend (just like clone beer recipes) you will be making smokes that taste exactly like the ones you like.

Besides being additive free (just tobacco) you can roll out a carton for 13-16 bucks.

OMO

bosco

IMO you can't go wrong with roll-your-own. It's the cheapest and tastiest way to give yourself lung cancer or COPD. All this talk about smoking really brings back memories of how my dad's shirts used to smell. Boy, do I miss him!

boscobeans said:
Do an internet search for RYO tobacco.

If you get the right tobacco blend (just like clone beer recipes) you will be making smokes that taste exactly like the ones you like.

Besides being additive free (just tobacco) you can roll out a carton for 13-16 bucks.

OMO

bosco

I don't really want to roll my own. I just want to buy the odd carton of Marlboro. I'd only go through a carton a year probably.

When my sister bought them for me, they were about $27/carton. Is there anyone out there willing to buy a carton and ship to me? Even with duties I can't see them being over $100 (average carton price locally) a carton shipped.

When my sister bought them for me, they were about $27/carton. Is there anyone out there willing to buy a carton and ship to me? Even with duties I can't see them being over $100 (average carton price locally) a carton shipped.

No, but because it's illegal, it would be really stupid for one of us to do it. We'd risk state and federal prosecution, for no benefit. Why would someone do it? That doesn't make sense, and it's not right to ask on a forum. We could get in serious trouble, with thousands of dollars in fines.

This thread will be closed due to the discussion of illegal activity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back