Brew eve prep...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Getting ready for tomorrow's Memorial Day Weekend party-gyle!
IMG00663-20120525-1833.jpg

Sounds like a good time Mike! Hope all went well!

:D

Dan
Thanks Dan! It went very well! I think I'll be doing party-gyle more often. It only added about 2.5 hours to my normal 5.5 hour brew day. I got the "Brewing bug" so bad that I ended up doing a 3.5 gal BIAB IPA the next day, too! I now have 3 primaries with beer again!! Such a good feeling!

I hope you had a great weekend with your family my friend! :mug:

Grits! I was going to use them for a blonde! Do you use rice hulls with grits? Never used them but was too lazy to wait for flaked corn.

I always use a handful of rice hulls, but I'm not really sure if I even needed to. My lauter flowed really fast. I'm going to give it a try without the hulls someday to see what happens. If it gets stuck, I'll toss some hulls in last minute and stir it all up to hopefully free up the flow again...

I'm doing g my second brew tomorrow. Is it ok to clean and sanitize the night before? I would like to have about 3 gallons of boiled waternd in my fermenting bucket so that I can get straight to brewing.

I'm doing g my second brew tomorrow. Is it ok to clean and sanitize the night before? I would like to have about 3 gallons of boiled waternd in my fermenting bucket so that I can get straight to brewing.

Sanitize the bucket before the sterile water goes in, and then put a sanitized lid on. It should be fine till the morning..

Hey Mike! Keep sharing that homebrew knowledge! Hope all is well brother. Cheers to you and to many great brew days, and to your family each and every day. :mug:

Howdy Dan! Thanks buddy! I hope you and your family are doing well also. I'm not brewing for a while until I build my fermentation chamber. I finally got a chest freezer, and now I'm waiting for a temp controller to show up from China!

Take care my friend!

Back