Alright, pony up those pics of you in the 80's.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, I'll play. I'm on the right. This is summer of either '82, or '83 at my brother's wedding.

1983.jpg

My hair is currently longer than in the photo, and much grayer. I'm growing it out to donate it. Only a couple months to go before I get a buzz cut

What, are you in prison???

LOL Nope. Not in prison. I was big into radio control car racing. The bright glow is a light bar to discharge batteries after a race. The rest is just the assorted paraphernalia required to try and keep a 1/10th scale electric race car going.

LOL Nope. Not in prison. I was big into radio control car racing. The bright glow is a light bar to discharge batteries after a race. The rest is just the assorted paraphernalia required to try and keep a 1/10th scale electric race car going.

Well, I never would have figured out what that thing was! I guess I just assumed you would discharge batteries by, I don't know, DRIVING THE CARS!?

LOL!

Reminds me of the prom suit that Ben Stiller wore at the beginning of There's Something About Mary

I think this was actually late 70's, not in the 80's, now that I think back.
Woof. What a geek LOL

I think this is from '79, but close enough. I have since learned that there's more to beer than Old Milwaukee. :)

TizBeer3.jpg

Halloween '84. I'm pretty sure I didn't know what a hobo was. Note the floral pattern couch and green shag carpet.

Pretty sure Shecky has that same wallpaper and carpeting today.

Yeah but it works with the beard. What were you doing ? It kinda looks like an oldschool dj setup or something.

It looks like he was trying to be in "Pump up the Volume".

I'll have to see if there are any pics of me from this era. I think I was in my "take my picture and I take your soul" era.

I started the 80's by going to a Pink Floyd concert. Next thing I knew it was the 90's

Twas a very good decade.....I think

The first one was taken between 82 and 83. As you can see I'm already selling tickets to the gun show.

The second one was probably 86, I was all dressed up to give the crown to the homecoming queen at the high school football game. Looking like a baller with my boots on.

Come to think of it I still get crap to this day from all my family for those damn boots, I should be making fun of my parents for buying a house with mud colored carpet and that much fake wood paneling.

baby1.jpg

kid1.jpg

Im the kid on the right. Probably right around 80. Didnt even know what beer was! Life sure does get better with age!

80's kid.jpg

Summer '87 I'm the one in the G&R shirt. My buddy Corey in the DARE shirt ironically/tragically passed a few years back from an overdose.

lwddquuq.jpg

graduation photo, '81

IMG_6057.jpg

March '87, being one or two barber's snips away from a mullet, but never had one

335_34884767007_9697_n.jpg

January '88, boot camp photo

001.jpg

When I think about it, I know we have a couple members in their 60s but I dont think I know of anyone here older than that.

Who's our patriarch/matriarch?

My Senior Portrait, and my one act of vanidlism.. these were both taken in 1989..

And the reason for the "Norge" is because I was dating a Norwegian foreign exchange student.. :)

18050_1322717876474_7039405_n.jpg

185625_1006907221405_9499_n.jpg

In my line of work if you wear a bow-tie, there is a 99% chance you are not so much cool, but rather a tool.

If you wear a bow tie it must be one you've tied yourself, not a pre-tied abomination!! Like so:

img_0676-57154.jpg

It also doesn't hurt to have more frites with your steak frite than you can shake a stick at!!! I am also unclear as to why it appears I have a faint John Waters mustache in this picture. I can assure you, I most certainly do not!

Back