Smokin', Curin' and Brewin' Sunday

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cape Brewing

DOH!!! Stupid brewing...
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Someone slipped my SWMBO some sort of weird drug cause she comes out with, "You should head down to Armando's Sunday morning, grab stuff for the curing closet and then brew in the afternoon".

(Armando's is a great meat market not far from the house that sells great bellies, etc).

Uhhhh.... Ok.

So, a buddy and I will be starting some pancetta, some pastrami and a couple of other things (undecided on total list). We are then tossing meat in the smokers for lunch/dinner and a couple of other guys are comin' by for the brew session.

I'm making... uhh... a smoked porter of course.

Debating what else I want to put in the closet.

She must be having an affair while you're gone, or running off with a better guy while you're brewing. :D

Cool! I wish I was closer because I'd love to invite myself over for some of what you're making!

lschiavo (on this forum) is having us over on Saturday for some smoked pork and neck roast, homebrew, and sides. He got us drunk the last time we did this, so I'm looking forward to this time also!

Would love to do a sopresatta... I would need to inoc that though. I would have to find the bug for it and get it in time.

Pepperoni... yeah, I think it is time for that. That is overdue. I'm adding pepperoni to the list.

Chorizo? I have a mexican chorizo recipe that is really good. No need to smoke/cure though.

Uhhh... thanks Yoop... I think.

Oh absolutely Moto... you just send me your address and that'll be in the mail PRONTO... you just wait by the door. If it doesn't show up, just keep waiting.

Let me know how the pepperoni turns out. Once I get a curing chamber made that is the first thing I am doing.

Just got back from the HBS grabbin' my specialty grains and hops.

The buddy who is making the meat market run with me is brewing for the first time on sunday as well. That's kinda cool. He's running around now trying to get the parts to convert a cooler.

So... I get up... have a big breakfast... roughhouse with my two young sons for a while.... we pile in the truck... head to market and buy piles of meat.. .come home, attend to said piles of meat while placing portfion of meat in the smoker and other, larger portions in the curing closet... brew all day while consuming the fruits of previous labor... eat pile of meat off of smoker... and then settle in at the basement bah (The Cape) to watch the Pats/Jets at 8:30.

brew day goes as planned and the Pats win... all I would need is a grilled cheese from the SWMBO and it could go down as... BEST... DAY.... EVA

Chorizo? I have a mexican chorizo recipe that is really good. No need to smoke/cure though.

not the breakfast/burrito type stuff, the dried and cured sausages like this:

orce+fire+chorizo.jpg

keep us updated. i just need some casings and cures before i can dig into sausagemaking.

Hell.... We havent even started talking about the hog!

I roast a mean one!!

Alllllllright!! Enough. We don't need the mods tossing this thread into the Boneyard!

(hee hee)

Will keep folks posted on "meat bill" for the day. And yeah, yeah, pics or it didnt happen.

Ooooo!!! Meat cam!!

Sausagemaker.com is in buffalo. Fedex should be there overnight without actually paying for the overnight.

Two bellies obtained for a bacon and a pancetta. Brisket obtained for a pastrami.

Pork tenderloin on the smoker now. Ribs going on a bit later.

Rig getting sanitized now

Back