Centenniel and Simcoe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batfishdog37

Reaction score
I was reading on HBT about someone who claims cascade and simcoe mixed as dry hops smells like cat pee. Since centenniel is billed as a supercharged cascade, I was wondering about any similar aromas which may result, if the cat pee thing is even to be believed. Anyone with experience?

Some people smell it and some people don't, personally I do smell it but don't really mind it (weird? yeah probably but whatever). Try a weyerbacher double simcoe ipa if you really want to get hit in the face with that aroma people are experiencing.

I don't dry hop very often, so I can't comment from personal experience, but you could take a beer with little hop aroma (for example, Miller Lite) and put one hop pellet of Centennial and one of Simcoe. Wait 5-10 min, then smell. If you like the smell, then brew with the combo, if not, then don't.

Back