Cross your fingers for me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Guys....we put in a bid on this baby today. I am SO nervous. We are in love with this place. The house is in great shape, 4 bedrooms, 2 full baths, very, VERY nice condition.

house2.jpg

house1.jpg

This is the best part though....detached garage, 2 stories. The garage will be the main brewery, the upstairs will be turned into the bar. I'll be able to get this done while SWMBO is deployed this winter.

garage1.jpg

Like I said, I am SO nervous. This is my dream situation.....

I'll try to get more pics up when I can (and as I get them), but if we do get this place I'm gonna need ideas/suggestions on what to do for the bar. I'm going to have to make it work in less than ideal situations, and not a whole lot of space....but I'm getting ahead of myself. In the meantime, pray for me. ;)

Got my fingers crossed for ya man! I remember being SUPER nervous about selling my house before getting the one I'm in now. If it helps any, I've got a good feeling - looks like a place you belong :mug:

Looks nice Dude, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya as well. Is there an apartment or large room above the garage?

Ize

Damn!!! Where's it at? Looks friggin' sweet. Best of luck with it. Maybe it'll make staying there worthwhile! ;)

Nice, I remember being a nervous on the first couple houses. After 13, it's a yawner. I've only lost out on two bids.

Ize said:
Looks nice Dude, we'll keep our fingers crossed for ya as well. Is there an apartment or large room above the garage?

Ize

Yeah, its a room, but I wouldn't say it is large. :D

I'd guess its about 25X12 but the ceiling is vaulted so it actually makes the workable space much less. I'm trying to figure out how to make it into a bar...if we get the place, I'll take more pics and see if you guys can suggest anything. It definitely has potential, I just have to be smart about it.
It has a window on each end, so I'll add a window unit A/C for summer, and a portable heater for winter. I plan on spending most of next winter out there building it.

Really, as long as I can get a decent sized bar and a dart board in there, I'm golden. :D

come on - you need a pool table too!

lol - I'm working on turning my basement into a bar / game room. I'd like to get a few fun things down there - pool table, shuffleboard table - and god knows what else

rdwj said:
come on - you need a pool table too!

lol - I'm working on turning my basement into a bar / game room. I'd like to get a few fun things down there - pool table, shuffleboard table - and god knows what else

I doubt a pool table would fit, but I wish! Darts are the only mandatory, IMHO. Beer, darts and friends, that's all that is needed!

Hopefully you can see pics in a few weeks!

Dude said:
Hopefully you can see pics in a few weeks!

Just show us pics from the housewarming :mug:

Where is this place? Same state? Those are some serious trees - we don't really have those here in what-used-to-be-cornfield-ville

Walker-san said:
Best of luck, B.

Let me know when the bar opens.

-walker

Shoot, yo ass better be here for the build! :p

I plan on having a huge shindig for the opening of "Bratwursts and Shillelaghs", all of HBT will be invited. :rockin:

Nice digs, good luck man. SWMBO and I are in the process of putting on an addition in preparation for our first born and hoping that it will be done before she gets here.

Question: Is it considered safe to brew inside the garage if the door is open and there is adequate ventilation (with a propane burner)? I have a garage and newly acquired burner and keggle and was wondering if I need to brew outside on the front walk.

Hey Dude, what AFSC is the wife? Are you guys assured that you won't get orders any time soon? There is nothing like home ownership and not having to rent--hope you get it.:mug:

Flyin' Lion said:
Nice digs, good luck man. SWMBO and I are in the process of putting on an addition in preparation for our first born and hoping that it will be done before she gets here.

Question: Is it considered safe to brew inside the garage if the door is open and there is adequate ventilation (with a propane burner)? I have a garage and newly acquired burner and keggle and was wondering if I need to brew outside on the front walk.

Hey Dude, what AFSC is the wife? Are you guys assured that you won't get orders any time soon? There is nothing like home ownership and not having to rent--hope you get it.:mug:

That's the way I do it-inside the garage with the door open. Keeps the burner out of the wind, thus speeding up the boil.

Good Luck Dude. There's few things more stressfull than stumbling on the home of your dreams and then sweating it out until you actually sign the papers saying that it's actually yours. I assume this means you no longer plan on someday returning to the land of brats beer and cheese? :confused:

Dude said:
Yeah, its a room, but I wouldn't say it is large. :D

I'd guess its about 25X12 but the ceiling is vaulted so it actually makes the workable space much less. I'm trying to figure out how to make it into a bar...if we get the place, I'll take more pics and see if you guys can suggest anything. It definitely has potential, I just have to be smart about it.
It has a window on each end, so I'll add a window unit A/C for summer, and a portable heater for winter. I plan on spending most of next winter out there building it.

Really, as long as I can get a decent sized bar and a dart board in there, I'm golden. :D
I have a friend who put in one of those larger barn doors (on the second floor) and hoist to get things topside...just a thought...

Looks very cool, good luck. Hopefully the cooling of the housing market (not sure how much things have slowed down your way) makes it more likely they'll take your bid. You don't have any kidlings, do you, 'cause that tree in the front looks great for climbing.

Man that looks sweet! Me and Mrs. Chairman are moving in the spring, so I'll be going throught the same thing in a couple months. Good Luck!

PS I like the hitchin' post front fence!

Flyin' Lion said:

1W071A (weather craftsman), same as me. :D

ablrbrau said:
I assume this means you no longer plan on someday returning to the land of brats beer and cheese?

No, because more than likely we'll have orders within the year and we will move. If that is the case, we'll rent it out. We have SWMBOs family here so they can kind of keep an eye out for us. We mainly are trying to buy because our current landlords are tools. We need to get out of that dump.

Hopefully someday we'll be in WI. :rockin:

the_bird said:
You don't have any kidlings, do you, 'cause that tree in the front looks great for climbing.

We have a 6 year old (SWMBO's from previous marriage), so I'm sure sooner than later he'll be climbing it. He'd pretty fearless. ****, I'll probably be up there with him. :D

sweet! I was looking for one with a big enough garage to house a brewery too but I can't seem to find exactly what we want without having it built.

Is it out in Hampton? I thought you were in the Air Force too? What if you get sent someplace else?

Dude said:
No, because more than likely we'll have orders within the year and we will move. If that is the case, we'll rent it out. We have SWMBOs family here so they can kind of keep an eye out for us. We mainly are trying to buy because our current landlords are tools. We need to get out of that dump.

Hopefully someday we'll be in WI. :rockin:

So this is your first house?? Awesome-I wish you even more luck than before!:ban:

Back