I think I messed up the JOAM

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeerRunner

Reaction score
I saw a recipe somewhere else that said to use 3 tangerines. I didn't like the idea of the white part of the rind going in, so I bought 4 and juiced them, also adding the pulp and zest. Will I need to make a second batch without any tangerine and mix with this?

I didn't have any bread yeast. I used Red Star Champagne Yeast.

This is only my second mead. The first is a Bochet (carmelized honey) still in Primary.

Welcome to HBT!

So now you have BTAM instead of Joe's orange. BTW, I think you made improvements on it since I've never thought that Joes was that good.

Hope you hang around. We have several mead experts on HBT so you will have some good company.

Thanks. I don't know what BTAM is and a search turned up nothing.

I've made a few batches of beer, but I have to say that I am absolutely fascinated by mead and all the varieties I've read about. I have Ken Schramm's book and I'm eager to try...well...everything. I'll be starting a Cherry Chocolate Cinnamon soon.

I don't see any problems with what you did, just give it a month in primary, rack it, wait till its clear, IE you can read a newspaper through it. Bottle, drink one a month until you have two bottles, save those and drink one a year later, and the other two years later.

Now, start making more, and start building the bottle storage area. Your be happy you did in a few years.

Note to self, build more storage space.

Latest posts

Back