Show us your sculpture or brew rig

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the compliment. We LOVE our 'cookroom', and use it all the time.
BEST thing I ever did.

WOW looks affordable... lol

Nice work!!! I like the circle work for the vents one the pump cover, the top too!! Never could understand the tool box design people use. The extra heat has to make it work harder then it has to.

Any chance you can get the finished pics, I "we" 'd love to see'um?

WOW looks affordable... lol

Nice work!!! I like the circle work for the vents one the pump cover, the top too!! Never could understand the tool box design people use. The extra heat has to make it work harder then it has to.

Any chance you can get the finished pics, I "we" 'd love to see'um?

I dont have any pictures of it finished, I handed it over to him to finish but I don't think it's done, but he has brewed on it.

Pat

My version of Wallace the Weldless

6261521175_7dfe8d7960.jpg

Well, here she is. The final bolt tightened and the last hose installed. Tomorrow we head off on our maiden voyage together. She's completely electric and 10gal capable. 11000 watts of pure grainy goodness. There are so many people to thank: Walker and P-J for all your electrical mental superiority, Yuri for keeping me honest in posts, Yooper and Revvy for process help.... and the list goes on and on.

Picture 041.jpg

Picture 033.jpg

McCuckerson said:
Well, here she is. The final bolt tightened and the last hose installed. Tomorrow we head off on our maiden voyage together. She's completely electric and 10gal capable. 11000 watts of pure grainy goodness. There are so many people to thank: Walker and P-J for all your electrical mental superiority, Yuri for keeping me honest in posts, Yooper and Revvy for process help.... and the list goes on and on.

The screen in your mash tun, need more info please

-=Jason=-
Sent from my HTC Incredible using Home Brew Talk

How does The Who work? Some kind of auger I assume?

that is correct.... 1 inch auger bit with some brass bushings solder into some copper pipe connected to a 4rpm motor - fine tunned with a dimmer switch. Works really well and is simple as hell to make. I will take it apart and post it on its own thread if you would like.

Bruwsomtin said:
that is correct.... 1 inch auger bit with some brass bushings solder into some copper pipe connected to a 4rpm motor - fine tunned with a dimmer switch. Works really well and is simple as hell to make. I will take it apart and post it on its own thread if you would like.

Yes please!

Not the heat from the burners it's the heat of the water/wort. PVC and CPVC are not rated to boiling temps.
Ah, my bad. The photo is of the MLT. There is no plastic in the BK. CPVC is very capable of boiling temps, however its pressure rating drops slightly at temps above 180f. You're right though; its not worth it to use in the BK.

Ah, my bad. The photo is of the MLT. There is no plastic in the BK. CPVC is very capable of boiling temps, however its pressure rating drops slightly at temps above 180f. You're right though; its not worth it to use in the BK.

Again, not talking about that.. lol Talking about all the hard piping on the out side to and from the pump. CPVC starts to soften at boil if it's softening it's basically melting and leaching crap into your beer.
I guess if you're fine with it who am I to say any different.

here's my system, its nearly complete, just a few more item are needed. you can follow the build >>My take on Brutus<< my neighbor started that thread.

I'm a big fan of keeping it simple and clean.

Assembly starts
5607-stand-rough.jpg

Finish
5615-powder-coat-finish-called-atlas-copper.jpg

Copper Reserc
5613-mt-recerc.jpg

HERMs
5612-herms-coil.jpg

Nearly Complete
5611-front-view.jpg

Thanks

That's a solid rig. I like the wrinkle paint!

Thanks

its a prismatic powder coat called "Atlas Copper" its in the hammertone family, the only problem is powder coating burn at around 1400deg+/-. and propane burns at 3000deg+/-, so where ever it burns I will have to go back over with header/BBQ paint to clean it up.

Here is a pic of the 3tier I have sitting in my garage. It gets used 6-8 times a year.
HLT on top tier
MLT on middle tier
Boiler on bottom tier.
March style pump on floor
5Gal Ball Lock keg converted into a HERMS with 25foot copper coil
control box has 4 switches
Main Power
Pump
Heat Herms (110v heating element, heats to 160deg in <25min)
Stir Herms
And a PID for HERMS (Similar to the one pictured below.)
P1080399.jpg

379466_10150420983063699_814833698_8424770_2113545234_n.jpg

Hi guys, I thought I'd add my simple setup, still improving it... here's a vid:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLkyMOen4L0]Weldless Hot Liquor Tank Stand - YouTube[/ame]

Back