stone arrogant bastard clone

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paithian

Reaction score
i came across a extract clone of arrogant bastard it is as follows incase someone else wants it
8 oz special b 147L
8 oz biscuit 24L
8 oz aromatic 19L
8 oz cara munich 47L

3 lbs amber dme dme
5 lbs light dme

1 oz chinook @75 min
1 oz chinook @45 min
1oz chinook @ 0 min

wyeast 1056

now i am assumeing that this is for a full boil how would i change the hop timeing for a 3 gal partial boil ?
:drunk:

i came across a extract clone of arrogant bastard it is as follows incase someone else wants it
8 oz special b 147L
8 oz biscuit 24L
8 oz aromatic 19L
8 oz cara munich 47L

3 lbs amber dme dme
5 lbs light dme

1 oz chinook @75 min
1 oz chinook @45 min
1oz chinook @ 0 min

wyeast 1056

now i am assumeing that this is for a full boil how would i change the hop timeing for a 3 gal partial boil ?
:drunk:

Don't change anything unless you plan to make only 3 gallons of beer. I'm assuming you are doing a 3 gallon boil for a 5 gallon batch and will add water to meet the mark. This recipe is fine for 5 (final) gallons.

if you listen to the recent can-you-brew it episodes on arrogant bastard, it's 90% 2-row and 10% special-B. they're pretty certain that there are no other specialty grains. the hop schedule is 1oz additions of chinook at 90,45,15 and 0 minutes.

also the yeast is "dry english ale" yeast, wlp007.

so I'd make those hop and yeast changes, plus I'd use 8lbs of light DME and 1 lbs 9oz of special B for steeping.

I would probably wait to add half of the dme until the last 15 minutes in your situation. though with the over the top ibus in this beer I don't think the reduced utilization will really be all that perceptible.

your recipe will undoubtedly make good beer, though.

ok so i posted this and brewed it as posted other than the fact that i over carbed it's a great beer THIS IS NOT A CLONE though it is close in hoppyness but not even near close enough to call a clone but a very tasty beer and i will brew again:drunk:

Latest posts

Back