Drinking beer with a straw!?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kokopuff829

Reaction score
So I'm at this restaurant and this young girl at the table next to me is drinking Guiness with a straw. For some reason it's pissing me off! Am I just being a jerk or is tht wrong?

When I was in college, we used to play a game where we'd fill an ice cube tray up with a can of BMC and then drink it from a straw, slurping each cube individually. The goal is to finish before the other person. It's absolutely horrible.

So I'm at this restaurant and this young girl at the table next to me is drinking Guiness with a straw. For some reason it's pissing me off! Am I just being a jerk or is tht wrong?

It's a bit odd to be sure but look on the bright side, at least she isn't drinking Coor's Light or Bud 55 or whatever that latest AB product is. :mug:

It's a bit odd to be sure but look on the bright side, at least she isn't drinking Coor's Light or Bud 55 or whatever that latest AB product is. :mug:

Chelada through a straw... now that'd be something to witness.

4090719878_f0b8b73bba.jpg

gag...

joe

It's wrong and it disturbs me, but you're probably still a jerk ;)

Doesn't bother me at all. It's a win/win as far as I'm concerned. Here is a girl that is drinking decent beer, and working on her oral skills simultaneously. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

zen_brew said:
doesn't bother me at all. It's a win/win as far as i'm concerned. Here is a girl that is drinking decent beer, and working on her oral skills simultaneously. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.

+1

Back in the high schoolzoic era,we used to drink a quart of beer in shot glasses with a couple joints. Of course,that stuff was socially exceptable in those days.

pretty sure you're a jerk.. haha..
One of my coworkers puts ice in his beer, at first I was taken back by it - but now it's just a matter of course. To each his own.

I like a touch of salt in mine, usually when I drink draft. But there's nothing wrong with using a straw, used to do it in high school, always though it'd get me drunker faster.

I went to a Table tennis show once. One girl was lying on her back with no panties on.....That was NOT the proper way to serve!

Totally ruined a perfectly good match, in my opinion.

Your a jerk. Just kidding. I was drinking my homebrew from a straw the other night to tie on a buzz quicker and because my wife had just bought those super cool bendy straws.

I went to a Table tennis show once. One girl was lying on her back with no panties on.....That was NOT the proper way to serve!

Totally ruined a perfectly good match, in my opinion.

I was going to ask who won. After thinking about it for a minute I realized anytime a girl is on her back with no panties on, aren't we all winners?

Canada dry bottles are great for fishing..... Of course I would never do that :)

Absofreakinlootly! We used to go to Moe's for their enormous burrito's,& they give you a large margarita in a nondescript burger queen cup with ice & a straw. We ate,then jumped in the probe,sipping away on the way to the movies...

Back in the high schoolzoic era,we used to drink a quart of beer in shot glasses with a couple joints. Of course,that stuff was socially exceptable in those days.

This reminds me of the old sucker bet of trying to get someone to drink a shot of beer every minute for an hour...some of us could probably handle it, but most people would be sandbagged drinking 5 beers in an hour!

I figured I was just being a jerk. But there I was trying to eat my dinner while staring at this girl drinking Guinness with a straw. I understand some people drink it with a straw on the go. But this was at a restaurant. I blame my jerkiness on the bad beer selection:D Well except for Guinness but I wasn't in the mood.

No im sure. The restaurant didn't sell milkshakes and my eyes were locked onto that beer. I didn't see any milkshakyness too it:)

We used to drink beer through a straw at sport events to make it last longer. No one needs to slam $10 pints of BMC...Maybe she was going that route. Was the Guinness $5 or more?

:off:
This reminds me of the old sucker bet of trying to get someone to drink a shot of beer every minute for an hour...some of us could probably handle it, but most people would be sandbagged drinking 5 beers in an hour!

huh??? That sounds pretty easy to me...I can chug a 2L boot that is 6 beers in... ummm...under 1 minute... I am in no way saying that is a good idea or how sober I am 10 minutes after the fact but I own a 2L boot and just gave 2 away as presents last weekend...2L is a 6 pack (or close enough) for those that are math impaired...

I have had people ask to have ice with their beer, a straw with their beer, a pint split into 4 separate glasses.... all of its weird, but at least they are drinking decent beer.

Maybe she doesn't like drinking the foam at the top and this is her way of doing that. Still weird to see in a restaurant/bar.

My fraternity in college had something like this except it was 100 shots of beer in 100 minutes...it was called Century Club but if you throw up you're out. So just over 8 beers in 1 hour and 40 minutes. Never joined the festivities since the one time people were doing it when I was there I had a stomach bug...don't think I would have made it past 20.

You mean it isn't anymore? :(

We get a regular at the bottle shop I work at who always...ALWAYS...gets a sixer of either SN Pale, Stone IPA or Firestone DBA and 3 straws. I asked him about it a few weeks ago, and he said a) he has bad teeth so the straw helps him avoid the inevitable tooth pain from cold beer, and b) he gets f*#^%ed up 500% faster.

Meh.

ReverseApacheMaster said:
I read the OP and was thoroughly confused why he was mad about a young gal sucking anything.

Lol I wouldn't be if the girl was attractive:) Any no that wasn't the straw she was using.

Back