Thoughts on keezer bar setup

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Goblism

Reaction score
Alright everyone I have been working on finishing off my basement over the last couple of weeks. I am still deciding on where my bar should go. Just wondering what everyone thinks of this idea or if I should just build a standalone unit.

I plan on either putting the keezer in a bedroom closet in the basement and running the beer lines through 3" PVC through the wall to a wet bar on the other side. This would be in the corner of my main room (22'by27') that way I could build out a counter and have bar stools up by it. Only problem is the closet is not the largest (Currently have it framed as 24" x 90") This would fit a small freezer but I would like something that would hold like 6 kegs if possible with a little bit of room to breathe. I am contemplating making the closet a little larger, maybe like 27"x90" inside dimensions.

Now my alternate spot is in my future office closet which is approximatley 55"x90" (Under the steps). This would put the wet bar on a wall that has some through traffic from people going down the steps and than walking to the bathroom or the office. I would not have room for a counter, just a set of base cabinets mostly.

Third option is a standalone unit that can be seen, I am only going to consider this if the chest freezer would have issues with limited airflow.

The reason I want 6 kegs is 3-4 for beer, 1-2 for skeeter pee/hard cider, and 1 keg dedicated to soda in a soda gun. I plan on using my current 4 keg freezer to keep additional kegs cold (lagering as well)

Also any suggestions on freezers, I have been researching every model out there and not sure what current models would accomadate 6 kegs, the magic chef/sunbeam 7.2 would have been perfect but they don't sell that one anymore as far as I can tell.

One thing I would be mindful of is access. Remember that you will be lugging full kegs in and out of your keezer space.

One thing I would be mindful of is access. Remember that you will be lugging full kegs in and out of your keezer space.

The closet door is 60" wide, so I will have easy access to all but 15" of the freezer with the bedroom closet setup. Plus a full keg is only like 50lbs or so

Back