How to make Pabst.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sea

Green Flash IPA on tap
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
OK, so I happened to be drinking a Pabst Tall-boy while kegging today, and couldn't help but notice that the beer I was racking tasted remarkably like the Pabst I was sipping.

So what you do is:

Make Yooper's Corn Cream Ale while drinking more than you should on a double header brew day, and when it comes time to mash, completely forget to add the flaked corn! In fact, keep the corn in a bag with your other grains during the entire fermentation, transfer, carbing, and drinking process.

I know it's an ale not a lager like Pabst, but the similarity was astounding!

zomgz i am totally going to try to replicate it. thanks for the heads up. i love pbr. it's my fave swill beer. lates sea. :)

Oh, no you don't! I can't claim that recipe- it's all yours. It never occurred to me to leave the corn out and that the beer would turn out better. I'm glad that it turned out so well- I might have to try your recipe sometime. I like a good lawnmower beer.

I am going to have to try this one. PBR is my guilty pleasure. My beer fridge is full of kegs and bottles of homebrew as well as an assortment of craft brew. But all along the bottom of the door is PBR cans... I could use a good lawnmower beer on my second tap.

PBR, OLD SPICE, and a Garcia Vega Cigar.
Reminds me of Pop-Pop, my grandpa.

WOW.

Jimmy Buffett song The Captain And The Kid does no justice.

Oh, no you don't! I can't claim that recipe- it's all yours. It never occurred to me to leave the corn out and that the beer would turn out better. I'm glad that it turned out so well- I might have to try your recipe sometime. I like a good lawnmower beer.

I'm deffinately not claiming it's better, as I haven't tried your recipe yet, and still plan too soon. I'm just suprised that my goof netted something so similar to a BMc beer. Mind you, this was a taste at kegging time, about 3 weeks from brewday, so I'm not sure how similar this will taste as it matures. I am glad to be of service though.:)

Back