What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EnjoyGoodBeer said:
Lol was like that when I bouggt this house, should see the basement. But FHA had no probs with it, sorry about sideways pic to. Now I know not to take it that way.

This help? The plugen is for lights above sink, and the other is for a 6 jack outlet under the cuboards. Stay classy Rockford Illinois. :)

Makes a little more sense, seeing it plugged in. At first it looked like some kind of triple floating outlet, haha

Just had one of my spiced pumpkin ales. Not fully carbed yet and can definitely taste the pumpkin, but there isn't as much spice as I would like. A little bummed and the wife is too. This is the first time she has looked forward to one of my brews.

I'm on a layover in Chicago and I just had a glass of Goose Island Matilda. I'm currently drinking a glass of Green Line Pale Ale. Both are really good, but that Matilda... I don't know. There's just something about that makes me want more and more.

Its been a day fellas...

Southern Tier Harvest (fantastic!)
Firestone Walker Union Jack
Jack's Abbey Pumpkin
Redhook Long Hammer IPA

Diamond Knot IPA, for the moment. :ban:

Homebrewed or the real one? DK IPA was the first homebrew I did, kit from HomebrewHeaven.

HPIM1158.jpg

HPIM1160.jpg

Over lunch during the boil of our 11 gal of red saison my brew buddy and I consumed a red hoptober, a 16th anniversary stone IPA, to both of which I say "meh", and an ommegang Hennepin which is quite good and deceptively alcoholic. It is hard to tell whether it is a saison or Belgian Golden Strong ale.

Kentucky Ale. Im a little disapointed from the description of a Marriage of traditional pale/irish red which to me seemed more like an english pale/wheat. Maybe its that "traditional" part. Which almost to me,means "mild" the more I think about it, not that mild is bad. Good quaffing/summer type quencher though,probably beats a boring premium lager on occasion.

Now having a O'Dempseys Big Red Ale, now this is more like the Irish Red-but its not traditional, its more of an American influence. Really like this one,altogether though.

Had some Captain Lawrence Pumpkin Ale, now onto Captain Lawrence Brown Bird. Got some Left Hand Nitro Stout and Founders Breakfast Stout in the fridge for later. Yum!

My Chocolate Rye brown ale/porter. Its MO base malt, chocolate rye, fawcett's pale chocolate, crystal MO, flaked oats, and I think some flaked rye I had lying around. Hopped with columbus, magnum, and cascade and fermented with WLP002 and WLP028. This bottle happens to be WLP028, really like this and need to brew it again.

Lakefront Pumpkin lager. This is a great tasting mid range(almost light) pumpkin. It has the drinkability of a Fall party beer but a solid taste of a good example of a nice pumpkin/pumpkin spiced beer that would pair good with food/pie or on its own as a mild dessert. Although the aroma lacks and does have a bit of sulfer/rubber it seems and kind of fizzles its spice aroma out after warming. As far as tastes its what I look for in taste for a good pumpkin beer. Probably the best lower abv pumpkin beer Ive had.

Ass Kisser Vanilla Pale Ale. It works,if you like vanilla and all good vanilla aroma.I think its unusual and also underrated. I kinda dig it.For what it is I think its well made and exceeded my expectations for shure. Pretty tastey Pale ale with vanilla.

Had a Choc American White Ale with dinner, a Marshall Old Pavillion, and a Home brewed pale ale today. Not a bad day, IMO. Maybe I'll try my Hydro sample of my latest Hefeweizen before I call it a night.

Earlier I had a glass of wine, but it had gone a bit south and I had trouble finishing it. I have since switched over to homebrew. Just finished a pint of my coconut porter. I think I will drink a pint of mild next.

Re: Tetley's

I wish I could get some more beers like that here. The only ordinary bitter that I can really find around here is the Boddington's. Same goes for milds, really. There are a couple of local breweries making milds, but nothing worth buying really. Anchor Brewing has a mild available around town, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

Re: Tetley's

I wish I could get some more beers like that here. The only ordinary bitter that I can really find around here is the Boddington's. Same goes for milds, really. There are a couple of local breweries making milds, but nothing worth buying really. Anchor Brewing has a mild available around town, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

I'm always willing to help with that. Sent you a PM. :mug:

Back