Kaiserslautern Brew-Pub: Brauhaus am Markt

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man I am starving right now and you had to throw that in my face. My local food is haggis...you get brats and amazing beer. WTF

What an amazing afternoon. This place is only 30 minutes away from me and I just found it today after 2 years of living here.... quite displeased with myself.

The beer was amazing. I started off with the house weizen .5liter .... wonderful. Then, I had the sample of all the beers brewed there. First was a pale ale, was very strange to me. I'm used to pale ales having a bit of body, but this was just like a hoppy pils.. but cloudy in appearance. Very strange, wasn't my favorite.

Next up was the dunkel. Great, couldn't ask for anything else. The wheat was very prevelant, but a hint of dark malt came through.

Then was the weizen again, enjoyed it just as much the second time.

Lastly, they had a Saison... this was easily the best beer. I've never had a saison before and I was really happy with it. Very sweet maltiness to it, full budy, smooth and creamy... almost no hops aroma.

I guess the best part of these beers is they were fresh, straight from the brewery to my glass.

When I went to kaiserslautern, we weent to a dance club that was huge, very well known in the area, and right now I'm drawing a blank -- would be cool if you know what I'm talking about and could refresh my memory!
BTW - congrats on finding the little hidden gem of a biergarten there -- have a Franziskaner for me, I insist!

No I idea, LouT. I've only been to K-Town once.... never really knew how big it was. We live in Baumholder so drive up to Trier when we want to do the German markets and such.

Back