Sanyo Kegerator Upgrade

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marc06

Reaction score
I have the standard 4912 Sanyo Kegerator with a dual tower on top. I am moving to a larger apartment and and wanting to have more beer on tap. I was contemplating builing a collar for the door (much like this thread has started https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/leboeufs-minifridgerator-149242/ )
and putting 2 or 3 shanks through the door of the sanyo, in addition to my tower on the top. I was wondering if anyone has put taps through the door of the sanyo, and if this was a good idea???

Thanks for the help

You could always build something like this...

3008d1192705054-diy-4-tap-kegerator-tower-document.jpg

image courtesy of HBT member ~ attitude.

Here's one using PVC only. This thing is a beauty!

004.jpg

image courtesy of HBT member ~ Brew-ta-saurus
link to thread

But to answer your question... Yes. There are no issues with hitting coolant lines in the door. It's purely a personal preference thing.

I'd like to do something along the same lines. Trying to avoid a large freezer in my living room. Wondering how large of a collar would really be necessary in order to fit 4 kegs in a mini fridge.

well ive never personally seen one of those particular mini fridges, but generally those types of mini fridges have doors that are removeable so you can adjust it and make it open whichever way you want.

If it has one of these types of doors, then there couldn possibly be anything in the door that you could hit and damage and it is completely safe. even if the door isnt removeable i could say pretty positively theres nothing in the door to damage anyway

I'm hoping to add 2-3 taps. I really didnt want to remove my current tower. I just merely want more. I guess I'm wanting to combine a keezer with a minfridge kegerator.

It takes about 9" of collar :)
I also plan on just doing a tap box/wood top on top of mine. The taps through the door would be possible but a little longer of a collar would be needed for all the beer/air lines/shanks/etc.

I have a very similar 2 keg mini fridge kegerator. I actually put a three tap tower on mine so I could balance a 3g corny on the compressor hump. It was good for a while, but I just needed more beer on tap. I considered the collar on the mini-fridge, it's pretty slick. But I ended up just making a keezer. I finished this last week. I now have 6 taps in not much more space than the mini fridge took up. Now to sell the old one and recover some of the keezer cost. Good luck, post pics if you go for the fridge collar.
IMG_0125.JPG

Back