Gamers: The Old Republic

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malkore

Reaction score
Ok gamer geeks and Star Wars nerds...who's going to be playing The Old Republic, and on what server?

I'm planning on The Levithan for a server.

And if you don't know what I'm talking about, behold...the latest in online gaming 'crack'.

Star Wars: The Old Republic

I'll be playing it, infact I can't wait. But I havnt looked into it much so I dont know what server.

Server - Namadii Corridor
Waiting for the first patch to finish atm...looks like their hundreds of millions of $$ still can't make a successful server patch. Ah well, hard to expect especially for the first one after release.

Ughh...I'm playing it. 17 Scoundrel, Exar Kun. I seriously questioned whether I should play this game. It's a really good game but I'm worried it might eat into other aspects of my life. Getting further in an mmo < getting further in brewing.

Just started this weekend. So far a lvl 11 Jedi Consular Sage on Sedyn Kyne.

But I'm thinking about logging into my home computer from work and starting up a Trooper.

Nice thing about this game is that it's got all my friends back together on Teamspeak. Good times!

I'm so disappointed, we dont get it released here until march or some BS! So now i'm back to wow for my mmorpg fix =( they havn't even allocated oceanic servers =( sorry, i'll stop complaining now...

Dang! Played through the first "instance" or Flashpoint last night and it was awesome! A lot longer and more immersing than I expected.

There are some minor tweaks that could help the game I think but all in all a nice change of pace. Can't wait to start the crafting tonight, IMWWLM (If My Wife Will Let Me).

Sniper on Saber of Exar Kun called "Gerty" The class quests are the most engrossing storlines I have seen on an MMO.

Hit 25 last night and bought the first vehicle. Nice, but they definitely start out making you want an upgrade right away!

I had one from preorder bonus or deluxe edition. I crafted another one yesterday and am extremely annoyed that it binds on pick up... meaning I can't sell it or make one for anyone else. I think this is an oversight, as "mounts" is an option on the markets.

Funny about the bind on pickup. I also don't like how you can't move or set focus on the windows so if you want to sell something on the left side of your inventory you have to close the market, move it, close inventory because for done reason it doesn't like it when the market is on the left, and then reopen the market.

But I do love the game. Right now I'm a level 35 sith sorcerer on Zez kai el.

It's got several small annoyances. I seriously hope that they allow a crafter to make and sell a mount at some point in the future. But BOP is fairly common in WoW as well. But they eventually allowed some of it to sell.

I hope they find a way to allow some real customizing. Not sure how it would work since people would have to have the model and skins loaded onto their computer.

My brother recently got a job working on the support team for this game, he was a hardcore WoW gamer for a few years, but I think he changed his socks since......

He's loving the work and the game.

Ouch. I guess when you're $200 million in the hole you can't really give it away.

So even if they get a third of the WoW base to buy it, they just break even.
(~10m x 33% = 3.33m x $60 = $200m)

Look seriously epic though, may have to check it out at some point.

Its a pretty cool game. I've been playing since last October, somehow I got into the full beta, so I've gone through many different versions of it and seen it grow from a buggy mess to a playable game. My favorite class is the Bounty Hunter/Trooper and I have a 38 Trooper on Shadow Hand and a 27 Bounty Hunter on some other server that I cannot remember. Then I have a bunch of alts in the 10-20 range.

I've stopped playing though for now, I am a little burnt out after playing for 4 months straight. After a while you realize its not a whole lot different than WoW, just different graphics. PvP is a little different, and fun, but I don't know if I will go back right away.

It is times like this that I am happy my comp can't support any MMORPG crack games or I would never get anything done... They can be way to addicting. That said, I am very jealous of you guys who are getting to play it.

You can spend as much time as you want. I haven't played for 2 days. I'll probably try and get on tonight for at least a small bit, but then probably wont' be on until Sunday again.

I can send my companions on missions while doing stuff at my desk, like working on a new stirplate or even racking a beer into a keg...

Back