The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, went to the red sox game last night. Walk off, wow! Then I stumbled to bar to stuff my face with appetizers and beer while I watched the Celtics take care of business. Great night... guess this Boston place isn't so bad after all...

Fully operational!

image-2813543388.jpg

I'm the same on lobster. I'll eat it. I don't dislike them but I have to be in the mood. I never have to be in the mood for crab though. I'll take some crab legs anyway.

WTF is wrong with Ray Allen? Better yet, how much did Stern pay Danny Crawford and these other hacks to T up the C's every time they breath. ********. It's the goddamned conference finals for crying out loud.

AZ_IPA said:
WTF is wrong with Ray Allen? Better yet, how much did Stern pay Danny Crawford and these other hacks to T up the C's every time they breath. ********. It's the goddamned conference finals for crying out loud.

I'm no Celtics fan--hell, I wish BOTH these teams could lose--but I have to agree with you. The refs this whole postseason have been awful. Like baseball ump awful. They seem to want to be the center of attention. I'm an NBA fan, but the league office has to start fining and suspending these refs. Everyone I know that claims to hate the NBA says it's because they feel it's fixed. I think that's ludicrous, but the league has to realize things like this are giving them a really bad image.

Talk about getting set up for disappointment. All the talk of Heady Topper on Friday and I hit The British Beer Company that night. In the list of New England Classics = Heady Topper. It's in their normal menu. I didn't fall for it tho and had a second alternate ready for the denial from the bartender. He says they're having a hard time getting it. I don't don't think they'll ever carry it especially with a roll over rate charging $11. Not too many of the "normal" crowd are going to line up for that. Sons of b*tches!

Just called the new pizza place in the square.

"I'd like a medium Mediterranean pizza,"

"We don't have mediums. We have smalls, larges and jumbos."

"Really? Seriously? Dude, the one in the middle is the medium."

"We don't have mediums, we have ..."

click

"Hello? Hello?"

I work in a ghetto. Every day i kiss the ass's of people who have never once filled out a 1099 in their life. My boss is up my ass every day about being nice to the people for whom I work until mid June to support. All I want is for people to pull their thumb out of their ass and use their farkin' head. Is that asking too much?

Frozen pizza sucks but my aggravation level is down a few notches.

New homebrew guy in Worcester area. Brewing up my 2nd brew tomorrow, a vanilla bourbon russian imperial stout. My first is in bottles now, a brown ale. A kit that came with the Woburn beer & wine hobby, it tasted newcastleish during bottle, still warm and uncarbonated. Not my first choice, but needed something simple to brew for my first. after my VBRIS, i'll do an easy hefe in a month, then looking into an ipa/ dipa or pumpkin ale after that, then who knows, but I have plenty of beers I want to brew up. Hopefully I can get into AG next year.

Just saying "hi" :)

WTF... I was on the site this morning and it was fine. Ugggg... damn it.

Frank's at the brewery cleaning. The ABCC should be there now.

It's going ok. It is costing us more $ than we thought (which shouldn't surprise us AT ALL) and it is not out of hand so we are rolling with it. We are REALLLLLLLLY struggling with the town of Norton. The Feds were tough but we knew what we had to do. The ABCC paperwork (the State) was tough but we knew what we had to do. The town of Norton? Forget it. If you ask a simple question about how to get things done you either get a dial-tone or brutally condesending attitute with no answer at the end. It's not been fun at all but we think we can finally see the finishing line with the town so fingers crossed.

Once we can get things squared away with the town, we can finally get our equip hooked up and start runngin test batches on the equip itself so we can work out any bugs.

Cape Brewing said:
WTF... I was on the site this morning and it was fine. Ugggg... damn it.

Frank's at the brewery cleaning. The ABCC should be there now.

It's going ok. It is costing us more $ than we thought (which shouldn't surprise us AT ALL) and it is not out of hand so we are rolling with it. We are REALLLLLLLLY struggling with the town of Norton. The Feds were tough but we knew what we had to do. The ABCC paperwork (the State) was tough but we knew what we had to do. The town of Norton? Forget it. If you ask a simple question about how to get things done you either get a dial-tone or brutally condesending attitute with no answer at the end. It's not been fun at all but we think we can finally see the finishing line with the town so fingers crossed.

Once we can get things squared away with the town, we can finally get our equip hooked up and start runngin test batches on the equip itself so we can work out any bugs.

Call the select board office and ask to be put on the agenda. Go to the meeting and let them know what is going on and what you need. As a selectman in my town I can tell you that showing up to the meeting will go a long way to getting things done. You may even ask to have one of them as a liaison during the process.
Sure, my town is a lot smaller, but if it works close to the same way there you should be fine. We also sign off on liquor licenses in town, so knowing your board members can keep your license approved annually in good order.

C'mon... I was kiddin'...

I have a selectman, sorry, selectwoman, that lives on my street and she didn't think there was any "liquor license" needed from the town since we aren't a bar or liquor store. We will have a small tasting area for free samples under our state license but i don't think we need anything from the town other than an Occupancy Permit fromt eh building inspector and that's the huge fight we're fighting now.

Cape Brewing said:
C'mon... I was kiddin'...

I have a selectman, sorry, selectwoman, that lives on my street and she didn't think there was any "liquor license" needed from the town since we aren't a bar or liquor store. We will have a small tasting area for free samples under our state license but i don't think we need anything from the town other than an Occupancy Permit fromt eh building inspector and that's the huge fight we're fighting now.

That should be the case. I didn't realize that you were not serving, like a bar. You typically only need a license if you are selling for consumption on premises or to take away. I would guess that if you are selling through a distributor you would be fine. We have to approve licenses for stores in town that sell alcohol.

The biggest thing, like I keep saying, is getting over this battle with the building inspector. From there, we HAVE to get to work on a sign we're going to hang in the tasting area. We are less than half a mile from Wheaton College so we're going to make up a sign that says, "naked boobs = free beer".... and then in small print put, "women only" and put that in the tasting area.

The beers are free anyway but... let's not cloud the issue.

We figure that'll make us very popular with the town.

You cant really blame the town. They are public servants, it's their job to protect the citizens of the town. No one else on HBT may know your dirty little secret but I know and the town officials know. I think they are doing a splendid job!

Time to come clean, Cape. (semi-intentional pun). Not five steps from your front door stands another door, a door that the good, God fearing people of Norton view as a blight on their name, The "Me Luv You Long Time Massage Parlor." that den of iniquity shares not only a common wall but a water and septic system. Good God man! Imagine what public health hazards are liable to start incubating under the streets of Norton once you start flushing out your fermenters? The Love Canal Toxic Waste Dump is going to look like a spilled bottle of breast milk.

No, I for one applaud the dedicated efforts of the Norton public officials.

Wait... Are you saying that you can now carry on a conversation without having to shout over the bang bang bang of the neighbors furniture slapping against the wall?

No more races between you and the Dragon Lady to see who can bring their current project to a boil?

Latest posts

Back