Finding the right fridge...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HomerT

Reaction score
Ok, so we bought a new house and my "beer fridge is now locate din the garage. In the bar room of our new place, ther eis a small under-counter fridge that we currently use for bottled beer. I would love to replace it with an under the counter keg system and a draft tower ontop of the counter. This way I won't have to walk to the garage (or send guests) to get a draft of homebrew. I am having trouble finding a fridge though.

My opening is 19Wx34Hx24D. Does anyone know of a fridge on the market that will fit that opening, but can be modified to hold two cornies? I am looking at the Danby DAR340, but I don't know if she'll hold two kegs. Anyone know of a solution? :(

Cut out round pieces of cardboard the size of your cornies, take them shopping with you and find one they will fit in. :)

Well, i am temproarily abandoning the project. There are no real fridges that fit my oepning that will hold two kegs. I discussed it with my wife and she suggested that the secondary counter with the sink in the same bar room has a huge cabinet built in that we don't use for anything but storing some pitchers. She suggested we rip out the cabinet and mount a larger fridge underneath there.

Great suggestion, but it requires more planning for the execution. To be continued....

You probably want to be looking for the under-the-bar-systems that bars/taverns have....they are expensive. Maybe go with two Danby's, each with one keg?

I am thinking that a more typical counter-height fridge like the DAR440 series will work. I just need to modify the cabinet to fit the fridge there. And then run my lines through the top and the counter with the tower on the counter.

But I want to take my time and do it right. Maybe byt he end of summer I will have it planned and the money / components in place.

Todd

Back