"Monster" Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NewBrewB

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
My buddy (that got me into home-brewing) is totally addicted to Monster. He has at least 2 per day, and only cuts-back when he feels like his "liver hurts." *blink*

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had attempted to make soda-inspired beers and if they had any success merging the two? It would be funny to make a Monster Beer for his birthday party or something.

That could be a dangerous thing to do.....

Joking aside, I think people have been mildly successful making DR Pepper beers. I think they made a Mtn Dew beer in BYO one time too. I don't have links to those, but that might be a place to start.

That's funny. I actually heard about this cease & desist situation on the news awhile back but had forgotten about it. Fortunately, I don't exactly think I'm on "Monster's radar" since I'm a 5 gal at a time home-brewer living abroad in Japan. :)

I'll check into the Mountain Dew beer idea--the flavors are at least similar. I'd be worried about using a "Dr Pepper Beer" recipe because it is so wildly different in flavor.

Thanks for the comments. I'm not sure if I'll get around to actually attempting the project but I appreciate feedback on the idea in its infancy.

Back