Question on pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bandit77

Reaction score
I just found a pump made by Proven Pumps. Here the info about it.

• The handy little pumps for homeowners,
RV owners, boaters, ranchers, campers,
and contractors
• Chrome-plated brass body
• Flexible nitrite impeller, compounded for long life
• Use with fresh or sea water from 4°C to 60°C (40°F to 140°F)
• Extra impeller and gasket included
• Dual ports have 3/4" external garden hose thread and 3/8" NPT internal thread

There also a convertion kit

CONVERSION KIT
Converts pump for use with very hot water, fertilizers, other
liquids, light oils, and antifreeze. Includes: 2 “Viton” seals
and 2 “Hydrin” impellers that will not swell.

It on sale for 69.99$ what do you think? Is it safe for brewing?

With the kit, you'd be pretty close to the price of a march pump....it's questionable. Some of those other pumps look sweet though.....you could rig a permanent CIP system on a brew rig with those sprayer pumps....not too shabby.

With the kit, you'd be pretty close to the price of a march pump....it's questionable. Some of those other pumps look sweet though.....you could rig a permanent CIP system on a brew rig with those sprayer pumps....not too shabby.

Maybe I should just spend the extra money and get a march pump. Then I know it will be safe.

I think you'll be able to justify it. Apparently they last quite a long time. I bought mine used and they've given no sign up failing. You'll probably use thing for 8 hours a month max....it's designed for continuous duty ;)

Curious about this pump as well. I've read that most march pumps are not actaully food grade either (but technically use food grade parts, just not rated as such).

With our current ****ty exchange rate, buying from the staes is a bit of a hit to the wallet.

Back