Attaching 2 Blichmann Burners Together?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used the Blichmann top tier mounting kits to attach 2 Blichmann burners together?

My plan is to buy two kits and bolt them together in the middle where they would normally connect to the stand and tee off two propane lines from there.

Is this possible? After looking at the angles of the mounting brackets it looks feasible, I just want to make sure before I buy the parts.

Hi

I don't think he will sell you the top tier mounting kits separately from the top tier it's self. A lot of people would like to mount 4 burners on a single tower, but that's beyond what it's rated for. Thus they sell the mounts only with a tower so you can't over build it.

Other than that minor detail, yes you probably can bolt two of them together as you propose. You might want to fab some leg extensions to keep it from typing over as easily, but that should be fairly easy. It should be reasonably stable even without them.

Bob

fwiw, one can buy the Blichmann kit to mount their floor burner to their Top Tier mast from here, among many other places. It looks like this:
BLC012B-2T.jpg

I imagine the t-slot bolts can be replaced with appropriate hex bolts, washers and nuts to tie two burners together sans mast, though the point is lost on me...

Cheers!

I want to make them one unit because I have a three keggle RIMS with the mash and HLT connected to one pump on 24" legs. I want to be able to keep them as one unit and tie all 3 propane lines into one regulator with floor burner on the floor (attached some how).

A stand was too much to ship (~$400) and I like the idea that I can store this if I want to since it will be small an light weight. So for what I would have paid in shipping for the stand I'll have a small compact brew stand (I hope). I was able to order the parts now I just hope they ship them.

I want to make them one unit because I have a three keggle RIMS with the mash and HLT connected to one pump on 24" legs. I want to be able to keep them as one unit and tie all 3 propane lines into one regulator with floor burner on the floor (attached some how).

A stand was too much to ship (~$400) and I like the idea that I can store this if I want to since it will be small an light weight. So for what I would have paid in shipping for the stand I'll have a small compact brew stand (I hope). I was able to order the parts now I just hope they ship them.

Hi

If shipping is the issue, there are stores that will absorb the shipping costs if you pick it up at the store. I'd phone around and see what you can find. If there's nothing local to you, there is at least one about 3 hours west of you.

Bob

I'm interested to see what comes of this. I'm in the same boat as NervousDad. I have three Blichmann burners and would like to put to of them in series on the same propane tank. Never thought of attaching them. Please post pics of the progress as it happens. Thanks.

Hi

If shipping is the issue, there are stores that will absorb the shipping costs if you pick it up at the store. I'd phone around and see what you can find. If there's nothing local to you, there is at least one about 3 hours west of you.

Bob

It's part shipping part being able to store it for the summer. If this works out I'll have a stainless steel stand, that looks not too bad (I hope :) ) for around $500

I'm interested to see what comes of this. I'm in the same boat as NervousDad. I have three Blichmann burners and would like to put to of them in series on the same propane tank. Never thought of attaching them. Please post pics of the progress as it happens. Thanks.

I will post pics.

It's part shipping part being able to store it for the summer.

Just a head's up that http://www.rebelbrewer.com/ has FREE shipping on ALL Blichmann products. I bought three Blichmann burners and three sets of leg extensions from them and there is no shipping costs. What's crazy is that this includes the Top Tier Stand as well. I know that's not the only issue, but I wanted to let you know.

Well this didn't turn out the way that I wanted. The top tier kit just has the gas hookup and two small brackets, not the shelf bracket. I was still able to use the parts to make a manifold and I was still able to bolt it together with a spacer.

overall I like it :)

Well this didn't turn out the way that I wanted. The top tier kit just has the gas hookup and two small brackets, not the shelf bracket. I was still able to use the parts to make a manifold and I was still able to bolt it together with a spacer.

overall I like it :)

Could you post up a picture of what it looks like? Thanks!

Back