Vienna/Amarillo SMaSH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not brewing this today (I NEED a hoppy beer made today!) but Bob asked me yesterday if I'd make another SMaSH beer. It's been a while, and he really likes the concept.

I was thinking about all Vienna, with Amarillo at 60, 15, 5, and maybe dryhop. OG 1.050 IBUs of 40.

Anybody else think that will be a good summer beer? Have you done one?

sounds good to me I made a vienna/cent. smash a few moths ago and its great

Vienna/amarillo sounds good. I do a MO/cent. smash with a similar OG and hop bill that is delicious!

I like SMaSH brews! This one sounds great.

I did one yesterday that was a 2 row/Columbus SMaSH with a similar OG but higher IBU. Last week was a Munich/Citra SMaSH closer to IPA territory.

I'm not brewing this today (I NEED a hoppy beer made today!) but Bob asked me yesterday if I'd make another SMaSH beer. It's been a while, and he really likes the concept.

I was thinking about all Vienna, with Amarillo at 60, 15, 5, and maybe dryhop. OG 1.050 IBUs of 40.

Anybody else think that will be a good summer beer? Have you done one?

Hi Yoop, do you plan to brew this one as ale? I made Vienna/Tettnang SMASH Lager 3 months ago and its all gone but 4 bottles I'm hiding away. Turned out really good. It was my first use of 100% Vienna malt in grain bill and I was amazed how pale in color the beer was. The flavor is very subtle malty profile, I was expecting in the nose maltines but it was really nice and mellow.

I do a Vienna / Amarillo SmaSh about every third or fourth brew 11 lbs Vienna 1 oz FWH 1 oz 20 min 1 oz 5 min 2 oz 1 min 48 IBU and about 5.9 abv its my all time favorite.

Hi Yoop, do you plan to brew this one as ale? I made Vienna/Tettnang SMASH Lager 3 months ago and its all gone but 4 bottles I'm hiding away. Turned out really good. It was my first use of 100% Vienna malt in grain bill and I was amazed how pale in color the beer was. The flavor is very subtle malty profile, I was expecting in the nose maltines but it was really nice and mellow.

Yeah, I had planned on doing this an an ale. I did a Vienna/hallertauer SMaSH as a Vienna lager a while bck, and I liked that. Of course, I did it as a double decoction- does that still count as a SMaSH? :D

I do a Vienna / Amarillo SmaSh about every third or fourth brew 11 lbs Vienna 1 oz FWH 1 oz 20 min 1 oz 5 min 2 oz 1 min 48 IBU and about 5.9 abv its my all time favorite.

That sounds great- that's sort of what I was thinking. I have WAY too much Vienna malt, and I love the taste so I think something like this is the plan! Thanks!

Vienna + Centennial is great, I've had it at least twice now from friend brewers. I've made a Vienna + Northern Brewer ale that was great as well.

Back