Wife Recipe

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fshnne1

Reaction score
I Have Looked All Over, And No Luck! My Wife Asked Me To Brew A Mikes Hard Lemonaid Or A Raz Schmeirnof ( Or However Its Spelled) I Figure As Much Money I Spend On This Hobby I Could Try, Anyone Have A Set In Stone Good Recipe For Either.

We Were Not A Big Fan Of The Aplewein Came Out To Much Like A Wine,

I Know, 7 Up Pour In Liquer, Or All The Other Stuff Its Not Me Drinking It! Rather Not Brew It, But Keeping Her Happy Keeps Me Happy, And Continue Brewing

all of those clear drinks like raz are really hard to make because they all take some malt and its almost impossible to make them clear. hard lemonade and things like that are pretty easy tho. or you could try some cider. use an ale yeast or cider yeast and add some apple juice concentrate and it wont taste like wine at all

I don't like hard lemonade really, but it would be fun to make, just like root beer....mmmmmmmmmmmmm, I love root beer

homebrewer_99 said:
Just curious, is there any reason why all the first letters of your words are uppercase?

:off:
He typed in all caps, the system changes it to Capitalizing The First Letter Only if everything you type is ALL CAPS.

Wife Recipe:

5 lbs of Pale malt (Compassion)
4 lbs of Vienna malt (Intellegence)
0.5 lbs of Honey malt (Humor).

Add 1 lb Roasted malt if you like them BBW

Mash at 156 so she's sweet, not dry

NO bittering hops, only flavor and aroma

Mt Hood, is a nice addition. Liberty is a good choice if you like em a bit stronger. Avoid Challenger unless you like controversy.

Use a well attenuating yeast strain. Avoid a warm or hot fermentation. Use caution when transfering to avoid oxidation and the production of off flavors. Make sure she has fully fermented and also avoid excessive sugar when bottling.

Feel free to adjust the recipe to your tastes

Did I forget anything?

pjj2ba said:
Wife Recipe:

5 lbs of Pale malt (Compassion)
4 lbs of Vienna malt (Intellegence)
0.5 lbs of Honey malt (Humor).

Add 1 lb Roasted malt if you like them BBW

Mash at 156 so she's sweet, not dry

NO bittering hops, only flavor and aroma

Mt Hood, is a nice addition. Liberty is a good choice if you like em a bit stronger. Avoid Challenger unless you like controversy.

Use a well attenuating yeast strain. Avoid a warm or hot fermentation. Use caution when transfering to avoid oxidation and the production of off flavors. Make sure she has fully fermented and also avoid excessive sugar when bottling.

Feel free to adjust the recipe to your tastes

Did I forget anything?

That's Genius.

seefresh said:
hmmmm... root beer, beer. Is there any reason not to use a little sassafras in beer? I might have to experiment!!!

Safrole, which is the main component (75-80%) of sassafras essential oil, is now recognized by the United States Department of Agriculture as a potential carcinogen. Sassafras oil is also the preferred source of safrole, which is commonly used by clandestine laboratories to synthesize various hallucinogenic drugs such as MDA (3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine), MDMA (Esctasy), and MDEA (Love).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassafras

Pabst Blue Robot said:
Safrole, which is the main component (75-80%) of sassafras essential oil, is now recognized by the United States Department of Agriculture as a potential carcinogen. Sassafras oil is also the preferred source of safrole, which is commonly used by clandestine laboratories to synthesize various hallucinogenic drugs such as MDA (3,4-methylenedioxyamphetamine), MDMA (Esctasy), and MDEA (Love).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sassafras
Bah. I grew up drinking sassafrass tea and rootbeer - No cancer yet.

Back