Who's Smokin' This Weekend?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arturo7

Reaction score
BBQ seems to be quite popular among homebrewers. This begs the question: who's smokin' this weekend?

I'm doing a butt and a brisket for a party on the 4th. Firing up the rig Saturday night about 9 PM, I'll smoke for 3-4 hours then fix an electric element in the firebox to maintain the temp through the night.

So, whatcha got? Before/after pics encouraged!

Got some ribs and boston butt on the smoker right now...

img0374lk.jpg

with some dry rub...

img0375uk.jpg

Yesterday was ribs and corn on the cob. Today is burgers, chicken wings & watermelon. Later I will be taking my kids to see fireworks.

Last year on the 4th I didn't have a single beer. I might have had a few about 12:30 a.m. on the 5th though. :mug:

I've got a Jerk Pork Shoulder and two birds on the smoker right now, and I'll be grilling corn on the cob, and a jerk-marinated tofu soon (damn vegetarians!!!)

Sorry, no pics. I saw this thread too late.

They sell them like that at the grocery store around the corner from my house. The butt was a last minute decision...i was only cooking for a few people but I figured that if i was going to burn a bag of hickory and half a bag of charcoal that I might as well have something to freeze for later!

I didnt get any "after" pics because we gobbled it all up as soon as it was ready to eat! Turned out awesome!!!! When the ribs are almost done, drizzle them with honey, wrap them in foil, and add about a tablespoon of orange juice to the package...let them go another hour or so on the smoker....amazing!!!

Howd yours turn out? Good?

pardon me while I gloat:

I had this great serving plan with buns, white bread and a couple sauces...

The brisket never made it out of the prep area. If you weren't in the kitchen, you didn't get any. As soon as I dumped the sauce on top, people attacked it with their fingers.

When the pork was pulled it also fell prey to eager fingers. Pulled pork sammiches? Nope. The hostess grabbed the near empty tray and took it to serving table. The buns and white bread sat unopened.

No pics, by the time I cleaned up and grabbed a beer there wasn't enough of the slow cooked manna left for a photo.

Back