Kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talleymonster

Reaction score
I have a post on CraigsList saying that I'm looking for a couple of Kegs.

A lady just emailed me, saying that she has three full size aluminum kegs.
I'm not sure about the pricing...

What should I offer her? I want all three.

I'd ask her what she is smoking. I've never heard of aluminum kegs.

If they are regular beer kegs, offer her $60 to take all three off her hands if they are not dented.

Here is the photo she sent me. One looks to be slightly larger than the other two. Kinda bad photo quality, probably a cell phone.

What do you think?

331owle.jpg

They look OK. They are stainless and she is clueless.

60 smackers. Get-R-Done!

Offer her 10 bucks for the nutcracker. :D

yeah she doesn't know what she is talking about. you should rip her off. I think that the ones on the left are two 1/4 barrels stacked up.

Cheers

There are such things as aluminum kegs, but they're rare and old, and have the shape like wooden barrels. Those in the picture are steel.

I would grudgingly offer her $60 for all three of those useless kegs. ;-)

looks like 2 50liter and 1 58liter
I find alot of people think kegs are aluminum

I just spoke with her. I decided to try and lowball her. I offered her 40$. She was very pleased and she said yes. I am picking them up tomorrow.

Should I feel bad? Am I going to hell?:confused:

talleymonster said:
I just spoke with her. I decided to try and lowball her. I offered her 40$. She was very pleased and she said yes. I am picking them up tomorrow.

Yes you should feel so bad that you should just give them to me.... And pay the shipping. :D

talleymonster said:

No way! Just have yourself a homebrew and it'll make you feel better about it. Or have two or three or four or five....well you know the drill. Great score by the way!

She was very happy to have someone pay her to come take away her trash. I bet she's asking the same question! Everyone wins, it's a good thing.

Don't you Fing hate when you think you're lowballing and the seller's eyes light up like it's xmas morning? Dang it!!! She would have taken $10 and smiled.

Of course you're receiving stolen property... DOH! haha.

Are there any uses for the stems I pulled out of the kegs? I would just hate to throw them away if they had potential...

Yuri, any ideas?;)

Just wondering, but can you cut the top off those things with an oxy-acetylene torch or do you have to use plasma?

Nice score. You had me searching all the classified sites in my area for kegs. No luck. :(

Fingers said:
Nice score. You had me searching all the classified sites in my area for kegs. No luck. :(

I didn't search the ads...I placed a wanted ad. otherwise these things would have probably kept sitting in her garage.

BTW two of them had old smelly-ass beer in the bottom of them! My garage still smells!

Back