What came in the mail for you today?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Vellum said:
It is my favorite of their beers. All of their other beers have a medicinal taste to me that I don't particularly enjoy but the porter doesn't have that. Honestly though if they weren't a local business just a mile away from my house I probably wouldn't choose to drink their product. You heard correct that their beer is good but not brilliant (they are a young brewery and have time to become brilliant).
That being said, they are very friendly and the prices in the tasting room are low. Hopefully their product will change and grow.
They are coming out with an oatmeal stout on Feb 14 and a double ipa in early march. I look forward to trying them both.

Right on! I'm assuming you're a home brewer--are you in a club? If you've any interest, our next meeting is with Dan Yarnall (former brewer at Beqch Brewing, now head beer buyer) at Whole Foods in Va Beach. 7pm Wed Feb 13th. The club's evolved a lot in the recent past, and there's now a pretty solid core group who are dedicated to better beer.

Today I received my grains, yeast, and hops for my Honey Cream Ale I'm brewing this weekend. Also in the package was a backup hydrometer, and a pound of DME for making starters. This is the first time I've purchased un-crushed grains which I plan on running through my new grain mill I received yesterday.

Piratwolf said:
Right on! I'm assuming you're a home brewer--are you in a club? If you've any interest, our next meeting is with Dan Yarnall (former brewer at Beqch Brewing, now head beer buyer) at Whole Foods in Va Beach. 7pm Wed Feb 13th. The club's evolved a lot in the recent past, and there's now a pretty solid core group who are dedicated to better beer.

I'll plan on attending. Currently I'm not in a club but I have met a good friend of Paul, who is the president I guess of HRBTS, and he keeps trying to get me out. I was going to go last month but caught the flu. This is for HRTBS right and not BARF?

Just got my Morebeer conical fermenter. Can't wait to brew!

ForumRunner_20130202_143453.jpg

image-2374378323.jpg

My awesome wife got this for me and just in time too I have some primary's that needed to be bottled and now I'll see why people like kegs so much.

High pressure NPT fittings for my regulator... The reg that has **left hand** threads on the high pressure side of the body, not right hand ones like the piece I purchased...

4 oz Sorachi Ace and 4 oz Glacier hops from Farmhousebrewingsupply.com. Should have another half pound of hops by the end of the week, too.

Yesterday my (spare) Aluminum 15lb CO2 tank which will become my primary and a dual pressure regulator. Now I can carb up warm or in my ferm chamber and not crowd the keezer. now if that stupid STC 1000 would arrive. USPS says it has been at my local post office since the 14th of Jan. I think its time for an angry phone call.

I got a bag from wilserbrewer - now I have can brew BIAB style with a bag that fits my pot perfectly!

Got my grains,yeasts,& plain DME's for two brews I'll be doing in a couple days. Doing starters & yeas twashing with these too. Got some more PBW & the tool for cracking those dang tight bucket lids off. Darn thing is only about 8" long. I thought it'd be bigger. And of course,some more hops. Whole box was 13.6lbs. Just got it about 10 minutes ago. Fed-Ex & UPS always wait till near the end of the day to get all the way out here so they can just turn around & head back to punch out. Holidays & such see Fed-Ex getting here earlier since they have extra drivers at those times. Gotta do some cleaning & get out some stuff to make starters.

Got a package from Farmhouse Brewing. Base malt, flakes, blackprinz, special roast, brambling cross hops.

Package from farmhouse... Pounds of citra and centennials. I'm well stocked now... 8 lbs of hops in the freezer...

Picked up the yeast I forgot to get yesterday when I picked up the grains and hops for my next few batches.

Matter of fact,the two yeast vials I got in Wednesday were WL029 German ale/kolsh yeast. Gotta make a starter with one this morning.

Two Ball Lock single handle kegs from Beverage Elements. I didn't really need them, but they were a good deal and 8 kegs is better than 6 kegs hahaha.

I had a good week for beer stuff in the mail.

Got the Dogfish IPA glass and a shirt from them, and more importantly I got a scale that I can measure easily my hops and grains that measures to the one hundredth of an ounce which is very important for my scaled one gallon batches.

A dissolution of partnership for a brewery I was a partner in. Difference in business mindset... Kinda sucks but I think it was necessary. A business partner is a HUGE decision!

Back