Breweries you've Visited/Toured?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoppyhoppyhippo

Reaction score
And also I guess ones you want to visit/tour in the near future. For the sake of fun I'm going to try to do this chronologically

Sam Adams (the Boston test facility)
Cooperstown Brewery
Brewery Ommegang
Heavy Seas
Flying Fish (got a tour of the facility from the head of sales while on an interview)
River Horse
Carton

Now I'll say I'm sure I'm forgetting a few but those are the ones I've been on a tour of (and all but Sam I'd toured at least twice)

Tours I'm working on completing this year or next year

Troegs
Victory (been to the brew pub but didn't' get to tour the facilities and I'd like to since apparently for Golden monkey they use a large open air Fermenter and I want to see it)
Kane Brewing Co
Cricket Hill
Dogfish Head
Flying Dog
Brooklyn
Six Point (since those 2 are like 10 minutes from each other)

and eventually I'm planning on going to GABF which means I want to go bananas and try to get to New Belgium, Oskar Blues, and Left Hand, maybe places like Boulder or others. But basically make a really good brewery trip capped off by GABF.

Too many too remember and list. Ones that stand out are:

• Weihenstephan
  • New Belgium
  • Lakefront

By far my favorite was Weihenstephan. They got us drunk after the tour (which was very impressive in itself). Plus the tour was given by one of the brewmasters himself, and stuck around to BS about beer and brewing while drinking with us. Oh, and the beer was not bad either ;)

Oh, and I did a similar thing that you're talking about. Basically went nuts and drove to breweries all over Colorado in one trip. It's nice to see them, and sample beers that you can't otherwise get your hands on. But, it's exhausting, and my impressions seemed to start to meld together as everything amalgamated into a buzzed blur. Have fun!

(jealous about your GABF visit - that's on my list as well)

Well the plan isn't in full effect yet, because of other events that may interfere with it.

Cooperstown Brewery the one time we went there was like what you were talking about getting drunk. I didn't but my girlfriend was hammered. Then again at the time I could drink a case of beer and still be conscious so I wouldn't gauge it off me but they have I believe only 6 or 7 beers, but they pour you a good 6 ounce or so serving, and we wanted to tour so we showed up early and while waiting the owner kicked us in on a tasting with the group ahead of us and when we finished we got roped into another tasting so we drank basically a 6 pack in 20 to 30 minutes, not bad at all. I feel like I could have gotten drunk at magic hat, it wasn't like there was a limit on how much you could drink that I could tell. I guess when you had all the varieties they had on draft you couldn't have any more.

Heavy Seas limits you to 5 tastings, but I've officially been recognized by them so when one of the people who recognizes me waits on me they hook me up with 6-8 ounces instead of 4. The one time we went I was in an Ommegang Sweater and the brewer loved Ommegang and it was their last tour before christmas so they were drinking special stuff and I kept getting offered stuff. Like an unfiltered loose cannon, nom.

Been to the Brew Pub @ Victory like yourself but now that I'm really getting into this brewing lark I want to go to a good few soon, pref in between work in Spring/Summer.

Well back in the seventy's I went through Olympia brewery.
Absolute crap beer but I got to see a brewery.

What what I like to see?
Probably Deschutes Brewery.
They do make some damn fine beer there.

Summit Brewery. Only been to one, just turned 21 on the 4th. Plan on many more tours in the future though.

A /B before & after it was A/BINBev (both free & Beermaster)
Six Row
Schlafly
Civil Life
Perennial
urban Chestnut

Notice at st. Louis theme....

Newcastle (new brewery)
Samuel Smith's
Guinness
Three Floyd's
Capital City Brewpub
Max Lager's Brewpub
Red Hare (Marietta, GA)
Red Brick
Sweetwater
Burnt Hickory
Founders

My dad has never been to Athens, GA. When we go, I'll make sure to go to Terrapin.
My sister is getting married in Portland this May. I'll be going to Bridgeport and maybe a few others.

I've also toured Old Goat Winery and Maker's Mark distillery.

Don't know how, but I forgot to add St. James' Gate to my list! Doh!

Done a fair few distilleries in Scotland & Ireland too. Although they're pretty much the same really!

Guinness - Dublin, Ireland
High Sierra Brewing Co - Carson City, NV
Great Basin Brewing Co. - Reno, NV
Sierra Nevada - Chico, CA
Russian River - Santa Rosa, CA
Lagunitas - Petaluma, CA
Barrio Brewing Co - Tucson, AZ
Klamath Basin Brewing Co - Klamath Falls, OR (Geothermally produced beer!)
Southern Oregon Brewing Co - Medford, OR
Deschutes Brewery and Public House - Bend, OR
Three Creeks Brewing Co - Sisters, OR

Guinness is the only one I've actually ever toured. Still wanting to visit breweries in Eugene and Portland, and some of the smaller ones in Northern California.

Founders
The Livery
Dark Horse
Hopcat (they brew their own beer so it counts)
Kuenhenn
New Holland
Jolly Pumpkin's Ann Arbor pub (the actual brewery was being renovated and was closed to the public)
Brewery Vivant
Bells
Saugatuck Brewing
The Hideout
dragonmead
Arbor Brewing
Arcadia
Big Boss
Fullsteam
Foothills
Aviator
Wedge
Pisgah
Olde Hickory
Asheville Brewing
Lexington Ave
Craggie
Highland
Ale Asylum

I haven't been to breweries in many different states, so I'd like to fix that.

I need to put in some work....

CA:
Stone
Mission

VA:
Blue Mountain
Mad Fox
Hardeywood
Legend

MD:
Ellicott Mills Brewing Company

I think Stone is the only one I actually toured :)

Dallas, TX
Deep Ellum
Franconia
Community Beer

Portland, OR
Deschutes
Bridgeport
Rogue

San Diego, CA
Stone
Alesmith
Pizza Port

San Francisco, CA
Russian River

Denver, CO
Avery
Denver Brewing Company

New Belgium, Dogfish Head, Ommegang, Crooked Stave, Cascade, The Bruery, Jester King, Jolly Pumpkin, and Cigar City are all on my bucket list.

Souther Tier <-- 2nd Favorite
Middle Ages
Ellicottville Brewing Company
Ithaca Beer Co
Sam Adams
Harpoon <-- Favorite
Allagash
Shipyard
Cooperstown Brewery
Ommegang

Anchor- San Francisco
Rogue - Portland
Deschutes - Bend, OR
Tree Brewing Co. - Kelowna, BC
Historic Labatt Brewery, outside of London, ON (stretching it a bit)
Fort Garry Brewery, Half Pints - Reppin' the 204, YWG BABY!!!

Cidrerie Verger Bilodeau, Domain Stenbach, Brasserie Berthilda Vanderon, Cidrerie Verger Joe Giguere, Microbrasserie Ile d'Orleans - Ile d'Orleans, QC

Nothing exotic, or overseas...although, Ile d'Orleans in Quebec is pretty cool, and not like any of the other North American locales! If you live within a couple hours (I'm looking at you, American Northeast, Montreal, and Most of Southern Ontario!) it's an incredible place to visit. Just don't volunteer to drive!

I've been on these tours:
Avery
Great Divide
Tommyknocker
Lucky Bucket
Schlafly

Been to some other breweries but never made the tour:
New Belgium
Nebraska Brewing Company
Odell's
Left Hand
Strange Brewing Co

I enjoy pretty much all of the tours, so anytime I can get to one it's usually pretty enjoyable. I'd say that Avery was the most fun, though. Those folks just have a great attitude.

Way too many to remember. Northwest- Spinnakers, Canoe, Redhook, Ballard, Pikes, Pyramid, Gordon Biersch, Rock Bottom,Lost Coast, Rogue. West- Steamworks, Carver, Flathead, Glacier, Great Northern, Tamarack, Wolf Pack, Squatters, Red Rock, Uinta, Wasatch.
I guess I have a brew pub problem. :tank:

Quite a few, but the top ten would have to be (in order)
1. Dogfish Head - I've made this trip a half a dozen times and wish I could go every week... both pub and production brewery.
2. Magic Hat - it's like Halloween, Mardi Gras, and Willy Wonka's factory all rolled up in one - with beer
3. Baxter - very new brewery in Maine with sensational brews (both production and experimental) and a very gorgeous setting in an 1800s textile mill
4. Carton - great little brewery, very thoughtful recipes, once again, neat setting
5. Kane - though the building is blah, the brews are top notch and the owner will bend over backwards to ensure you're happy and informed
6. Maine Beer Co. - some hard working young folks really crank out some tasty brews on this multi-brewery street. Neighbors include Allagash and Geary.
7. Weyerbacher - boy do they give you a lot of beer... and it's all good! nice tour and friendly folks
8. Tuckahoe - probably the most friendly lot of brewers I've ever met, and their porter makes me want to cry it's so good. Tiny brewery, small distribution area, worth the visit.
9. Cape May - not far down the road from Tuckahoe, these guys are turning heads with some good local brew. I'm not a native Jersey boy, but I'm proud to see this state really ramping up its craft brewing resume.
10. Atlantic (Bar Harbor) - this was just fun. How can you not have fun on Mt. Desert Island? And the fellow who spoke to us about the beer almost seemed like he had been a deck hand on a lobster/pirate ship for decades and was an absolute trip to talk to

Places I would like to visit:

1. Maui Brewing - was literally 5 minutes down the street when I had to turn around to make the flight back to Oahu. Dammit.
2. Allagash - had no time for the next tour by the time I made it
3. Flying Dog
4. Brew Dog - Scotland. Punk. Beer. Nuff said.
5. Stone
6. Sierra Nevada
7. Sam Adams
8. Heavy Seas - the day I visited they were preparing for a photo shoot so they had cancelled tours. Go figure!
9. Yuengling - history, man
10. Great Lakes

Boom Island was a recent one, as of Flat Earth too. Both have really awesome owners and very nice atmosphere.

Places I would like to visit:

1. Maui Brewing - was literally 5 minutes down the street when I had to turn around to make the flight back to Oahu. Dammit.
2. Allagash - had no time for the next tour by the time I made it
3. Flying Dog
4. Brew Dog - Scotland. Punk. Beer. Nuff said.
5. Stone
6. Sierra Nevada
7. Sam Adams
8. Heavy Seas - the day I visited they were preparing for a photo shoot so they had cancelled tours. Go figure!
9. Yuengling - history, man
10. Great Lakes

Heavy Seas is kinda fun. Depends on when you go there. I'm recognized there because I went dressed very up for their Beer and Bacon Festival.

Flying Dog is the biggest pain. You have to plan on doing it like 2 months in advance.

I've been to a bunch. I'll try to remember all of them (alot of multiple times) and want to make a road trip for more.

Texas:
Southern Star
Karbach
Saint Arnolds
Buffalo Bayou
No Label
Hops and Grain
Austin Beerworks
Jester King
Thirsty Planet
Billy Bobs on the lake (now closed)
Shiner

Colorado:
Avery
Oska Blues
Boulder Beer
Colorado Mountain
Strange
Wit's End
Odells
New Belgium
Fort Collins
Funkwerks
Paternals
Equinox
Renegade
Shanahans (whiskey Distillery) <- I want to live in their barrel room. You'll get drunk just breathing
Great Divide
Breckenridge
Twisted Pine
Redstone Meadery
Crooked Stave (My favorite in Denver)

All the Colorado Breweries I hit in one week :drunk:. I loved GABF and will definitely go again.

One's i want to visit:
Cantillon
3 floyds
Bells
New Glaus
Russian River
Firestone-Walker
and many many more!!

Oh jeez....let me see

Heineken
Alpine
Ballast Point
Port
Alesmith
Stone
Boulevard
Left Hand
Backcountry
Dam
Breckenridge
Avery
Great Divide
Southern/Mountain Sun
Moab
Grand Teton Brewing
Coast
Westbrook
3 Floyds
Revolution
Haymarket
Piece
Goose Island
Jolly Pumpkin
Ale Asylum
Town Hall
Founders
Right Brain
Marquette Harbor Brewery
Penn
Church Brew works
Fat Heads
East End
Stoudts
Two Brothers
Hilton Head Brewing
Blue Mountain
Devlis Backbone
Wild Wolf
Morgantown Brewing Company
Mountain State
Brooklyn
Tommy Knocker
Glenwood Canyon
Franziskeiner
Steam works
Ska

I think thats it...I may be missing a few.

Adding Cigar City in 2 weeks and Russian River in 2 months :rockin:

That will easily be the best back to back brewery visits Ive had.

I have been to a bunch but my favorite would have to be Goose Island. We got a private tour of the entire facility from the brew master Brett Porter. It was incredible.

Ottos
Elk Creek Cafe
Gamble Mill
Selins Grove
Troegs
Victory
Fat Heads
Church Brew Works
Ithaca
Speak Easy Brewery
Rooster Fish
Market Street Brewery
Front Street Brewery
Ellicottville Brewing Company
Southern Tier
Ommegang
Wagner Brewery
Cooperstown Brewery
Goose Island
Three Floyd's
Founders
Bells
Dark Horse
Jolly Pumpkin
Arbor Brewery
Great Lakes Brewery
Boylan Bridge Brewery

Pilsner Urquell and Gambrinus in Plzen, Czech Republic. Now sullied slightly by SabMiller ownership which is massive shame but recovered at bit when the tour ended with a tutorial on pouring the perfect draft pint. Unlimited tries and unlimited consumption meant we were all perfect barmen in the end...

My friends and I do a "Brewery Tour of the Month Club", we just pick one new place and go and imbibe all they have to offer. I know I'm going to miss a few since we've been doing it every month for 2+ years now but here's a crack at it:

Coors (lol)
Arvada Beer Company
Copper Kettle Brewing Company,
Caution Brewing
Avery
Boulder Beer
Twisted Pine
Funkwerks
Strange Brewing
Carver Brewing
Ska Brewing
Duranga Brewing