Your Thoughts Please

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brettwasbtd

Awesomeness Award Winnner
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Working on some labels. This is for my RIS specifically, however I would like to create some sort of a "template" so my labels will have some consistency. Things that would change are the content (name, description, image), the border/background colors, the recommended serving glass image. Don't really have a logo yet, just "Shegogue Brew." Looking for your likes/dislikes and areas for improvement. Thanks in advance!

TheWall.jpg

Should be able to view larger here: https://picasaweb.google.com/108925594472564721916/ShegogueBrew#5794747076635728290

It looks good! (even though it only gets cold enough to drink RIS for about three weeks in january here in vegas) Do you have Adobe Illustrator? You could set up a template in that. But I could never figure the program out. We used it for menus and I'd usually give up after 10 minutes and tell the front of the house managers to update the f'ing menu themselves. It was much easier to expedite the kitchen...

It looks good! (even though it only gets cold enough to drink RIS for about three weeks in january here in vegas) Do you have Adobe Illustrator? You could set up a template in that. But I could never figure the program out. We used it for menus and I'd usually give up after 10 minutes and tell the front of the house managers to update the f'ing menu themselves. It was much easier to expedite the kitchen...

Thanks, I feel ya on no cold weather, but I think that may be a positive?! I don't have Adobe Illustrator, I use GIMP. Figure I will just copy the file in Gimp and then add/change as necessary for other beers and save them as their own file. The border and main background are a color "Construction Paper" texture I found. So I plan to use other colors for different beers. Thinking like how sierra nevada labels are similar but have different color themes.

Also, I was just informed the series is a A Song of Ice and Fire, not Fire and Ice! I will have to make that adjustment...I always refer to the series as A Game of Thrones anyways haha.

Back