Another Bar Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zazbnf

Reaction score
I began this project last fall, progress has been a bit slower than I would have liked, but I am getting much closer. This is a free standing structure in my back yard. It has hot and cold running water, sewer connection, electricity and natural gas. It is heated and air conditioned.

Current amenities include;

Built in bathroom
Portable dishwasher
Keezer with refrigeration and freezer compartments
Natural gas fireplace

kd7qzd.jpg

1109e6w.jpg

juwz9c.jpg

r8va0h.jpg

122n2i0.jpg

sgmp90.jpg

2qumdtl.jpg

2rxjpr6.jpg

x1yb5u.jpg

7146rm.jpg

Very nice, did you have to get any permits for it?

Thanks, and as for permits, not required where I live. I have done all of the work myself, however was assisted/supervised on the water, sewer & natural gas line by a buddy who is licensed and had all the tools.

What would you say the cost of this project is?

That is a good question, and I must admit I am not completely sure. I poured the concrete and installed the sewer lines about 3 years ago, in that 3 years I accumulated building materials whenever I found a good deal and stored them. Also I have intentionally "lost" several receipts to prevent swmbo (and myself now) from knowing the true cost.

The windows I already had and are actually triple pane commercial freezer doors (there were 31 of them left in the Morton building when we bought the place).

Best guess would currently be in the $4000 - $4500 price range that includes the materials & construction costs of the keezer. I still have to buy a few odds and ends, however I should be done with major expenses.

256sq feet. (16 x 16)

This project kind of snowballed, originally this was going to be a screened in "summer kitchen" with a natural gas bbq pit where the fireplace ended up. The only enclosed space was going to be the bathroom with the water lines drained in the winter.

If I had known it was going to turn into this, when pouring concrete, I would have made it larger maybe 20 x 30. Then I could have added a pool table.

zazbnf said:
That is a good question, and I must admit I am not completely sure. I poured the concrete and installed the sewer lines about 3 years ago, in that 3 years I accumulated building materials whenever I found a good deal and stored them. Also I have intentionally "lost" several receipts to prevent swmbo (and myself now) from knowing the true cost.

The windows I already had and are actually triple pane commercial freezer doors (there were 31 of them left in the Morton building when we bought the place).

Best guess would currently be in the $4000 - $4500 price range that includes the materials & construction costs of the keezer. I still have to buy a few odds and ends, however I should be done with major expenses.

256sq feet. (16 x 16)

This project kind of snowballed, originally this was going to be a screened in "summer kitchen" with a natural gas bbq pit where the fireplace ended up. The only enclosed space was going to be the bathroom with the water lines drained in the winter.

If I had known it was going to turn into this, when pouring concrete, I would have made it larger maybe 20 x 30. Then I could have added a pool table.

That's not to bad man... It looks awesome

Back