What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a double red a couple of batches ago. It's really coming into it's own now. A well made red ale is really nice.
Think i'll go see how that beer is doing....now.

I also have a wonderful IPA on tap that I think I will check on after this red. It is kind of a DFH 60 minute IPA clone except I changed all the hops in it. I'm planning to enter it in the COC next weekend.

Let's see, starting around 2, i had (in order) Long Trail Double Bag, Long Trail Pale Ale, another Double Bag, then with dinner I had a Long Trail Pale ale (worked through a variety pack), after dinner I started my first brew and had a Sam Smith Porter, then a Dicks Double Chocolate Stout, then Amstel and now Miller Lite and I'm off to smoke a cigar to celebrate my first batch. I wish I didn't run out of good beer... Gotta go to the beer store tomorrow.

I also have a wonderful IPA on tap that I think I will check on after this red. It is kind of a DFH 60 minute IPA clone except I changed all the hops in it. I'm planning to enter it in the COC next weekend.

I hope the COC is some sort of beer contest :D

I'm having a Sierra Nevada Harvest Wet Hop Ale. F'n tasty!

some JubelAle. Up next is probably a Hop Trip. Then I've got a few misc commercial beers in the fridge:

Anchor Christmas Ale
New Belgium Frambozen
Old Rasputin
Newcastle
Trubadour Obscura mild stout

My last batch, an American Pale Ale is just now ready to drink so thats what I am doing now! It is the first to use the 'heritage' hops that were harvested from my grandmother's farm.

With dinner a Post Road Pumpkin Ale. Quite good. My favorite pumpkin, actually. Just finished off a 22 oz. Harpoon Glacier Harvest Wet Hop Ale. Surprisingly malty for a pale ale and great glacier notes.

Plenty of homebrew around but I was in a commerical mood tonight. Hit the spot.

Sierra Nevada 2008 Chico Estate Harvest Wet Hop Ale
Harvest-EstateBottleLG.jpg
:rockin::rockin::rockin::rockin:

Tanqueray and tonic. Feeling a bit down today. Beer just doesn't sound good at the moment. I need liquor for nights like this.

Just popped the first bottle of my Altbier. It's only 9 days in the bottle so it's a little green still - but yum! Another success.

Apfelwein, while bottling my Snow Plow clone.

All this talk of Altbier... and SWMBO is out of her Porter, so next payday will most likely involve a trip to the LHBS. :rockin:

Goose Island IPA to start off the night, then a few 16oz cans of PBR whilst at the bar. Now that I'm home, High Life Light because I don't want to drink the Bubble Gum Oktoberfest, or brave the hangover-inducing Apfelwein.

Started off with a couple pints of my Mild and sadly kicked the keg. :(

I'll be brewing a new batch soon, don't you worry yourselves none.

Sipping on an Arrogant Bastard while I type- and I just stashed a Ommegang Abbey and Dominion Millenium in the fridge to chill.

FINALLY! I get to answer something other than Coffee.
I've had:
Some 2Below from New Belgium
then I tried one each:
Sour Peach, Christmas stout, then chugged a TERRIBLE Cream Ale (BB kit)
Then I had an Apfelwein (American Pint)
Now I'm enjoying a Nice 2x MargarrrrrrrrIta!, and being quite proud of my typing ability.

Thinking about that arrogant Bastard on the shelf down stairs....it wont' really cellar well anyway will it?

Got a sampler tonight since I've been best friends with SNPA for the past couple weeks. I just started an anchor steam, but also bought a storm king stout, black butte, mirror pond, widmer hefe (that's the one with the zum uerige yeast in it, right?), and a stone IPA. I've found myself actually craving hoppier beers recently, so I thought I'd give stone another chance, since I absolutely hated arrogant bastard a year or so ago.

Sam's White Ale, Cherry Wheat (not mine), Magic Hat (Assorted)... gotta make some room in the beer fridge for the next batch. So far, so good.

Lagunitas Hop Stoopid

A great double IPA. Hoppy, but not overly sweet. Very balanced for such a hoppy beer.

I actually liked the Widmer hefe even though most people don't. A great hefe? Nah, but a pretty decent beer. I'm glad I gave Stone another chance. The Stone IPA smelled like soap, but tasted great, and I usually hate IPAs. Very balanced and delicious IMO. The black butte was good, nothing to write home about though. Mirror pond tastes like it's stale/something is wrong with it. Definitely avoiding that one unless its free. The anchor steam was really one-sided to my palate. Too much caramel flavor. A year or two ago when I was really into anything without much hops, I didn't like Anchor Steam. A year later, when I feel like I have a more "developed" palate, I still don't like anchor steam. I don't think I'll write off all steam beer, but at the same time, I'd be very wary of brewing 5 gals of something that might taste similar.
Storm king takes the cake though. When I bought it I was hoping for a good in your face stout, and that's exactly what I got. I see more in my future.

NB Fat Tire, 2 Below, some Miller High Life, maybe a NB Trippel if I feel I don't value my stomach anymore, and the occaisonal pull of Sinful Stout from my kegerator.

Bear Republic XP Pale Ale.

English & American malts, Cascade & Centennial combo. Pretty standard ingredients for a balanced and delicious American Pale Ale.

SNPA / MY Kolsch , Stout, & Altbier.

Packing for a week of vacation - 4:00am departure for north central N.C.

The Short's Brewing triple-tap special: Huma-Lupa-Licious IPA, Autumn Ale, and Soft Parade, some homebrewed Maibock, and some Apfelwein on deck for later...

Back