Paulaner Salvator Double Bock

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brauhaus

Reaction score
Liquid Bread is right.

Has anyone sampled this brew? I recently bought a case of it and I'm seriously enjoying the heck outta this beer.

I know it's affiliated with Heineken, but WOW.

The 7.9% abv really adds to the experience and makes it hard to just have a few, last night I had 4, the taste is simply magnificent...

I'd like to copy this particular recipe one day.

Anyway, just thought i'd share.

That is a darn fine beer in my book. While no where near a session beer, I never find myself drinking just one.

This is basically the grandfather of all doppelbocks. I'm not sure how much the recipe changed over time, though.

Kai

Kaiser said:
This is basically the grandfather of all doppelbocks. I'm not sure how much the recipe changed over time, though.

Kai

Attenuation used to be a lot lower (around 50%), since the Italian monks who brewed this used it during the advent, to substitute real food. Today's is still quite thick, but still has a higher attenuation. There are a few recipes flotting around the net, haven't tried any though.

I love this beer! im drinking it right now for the first time. I always avoided it after having sam adams double bock, my first double bock which was horrible! Ne who, anyone got a recipe?

Judging by the color I would say that this beer is brewed with 100% Munich malt. Most likely the lighter kind.

One hop addition at 60 min and you should be all set.

Kai

Judging by the color I would say that this beer is brewed with 100% Munich malt. Most likely the lighter kind.

One hop addition at 60 min and you should be all set.

Kai

Any idea of the target IBUs? Also, website says OG of 18.3 Plato.

I absolutely love Salvator. The only doppelbock that I like a little better is Ayinger Celebrator.

A grist of 100% Munich I, huh? I may have to give that a shot.

Latest posts

Back