freezer compartment (unused) mold in fermentation fridge

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncweasel

Reaction score
I have a spare refrigerator in my garage that I use as my fermentation\bottle conditioning chamber. It is an over\under (fridge\freezer) model that has a STC-1000 temp controller on it. I only use the fridge part of the unit for my ferm chamber and don’t use the freezer part at all. I have been using it since May of this year and I have noticed there is an accumulation of water in the bottom of freezer compartment which is contributing to mold beginning to appear on the inside of the freezer.

Should I be concerned about this? Should I mix up some bleach solution to spray it down and clean it? how do i keep this from happening?

Try to clean it up. While I'm not using my chamber (after the first week of fermentation), I leave the doors open. Helps stop the nasties.

Good idea beaksnbeer. So basically the evaporator fan will circle warm air into freezer to dry moisture. I will have to look into that.

Back