I Hate Csi

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scut_Monkey

Reaction score
I realize it's a really popular show but I can't stand CSI. There are a million versions of it but the one with the red headed guy where he takes his sunglasses on and off every scene drives me nuts. It has the worst acting on top of the dumbest plot lines with unrealistic scenarios. Am I the only one that realizes this.... I must be because it seems to have been on tv for the past 7 years.

Honestly, if you like the show great but explain it to me because I feel like I'm watching a bad SOAP with just as bad acting and plots. Ugh...... stab my foot with butter knife. :mad:

I understand liking forensics.... I get that. But it is sooooo over the top insanely unrealistic. I realize movies aren't realistic but at least the good ones have actors and not jackasses with one liners.

I've come to like Bones a lot. It has better acting and isn't overly dramatized, like those ******* sequences on CSI where they fast-frame some special effect out of the bullet hole or somesuch. I really like the interplay between the two main characters, the jock FBI agent and the anthropologist who has Asperger's tendencies. Much better.

The Miami one makes me laugh because of sunglass guy.

It's no different then shows like, "the A-Team" or "knight rider" and a slew of others.

I study (PhD program)/teach (undergrad) criminal justice, and CSI is one of the reasons why many poor, misguided undergrads take up the CJ major in the first place, hoping to be like Horatio on CSI Miami. Unfortunately, the CSI job on the show doesn't actually exist, and is a conglomerate of 5-6 different, individual jobs (beat cop, detective, crime scene CSI (usually a civilian who puts **** in bags), multiple lab/forensic techs/experts, more detectives, etc. etc.), most of which require a biology/chemistry major/master/phd and/or years and years of working up to that position (i.e. detective).

But that's mostly off topic. So yes, I agree CSI:Miami is the worst of them, and the acting is just horrible.

I feel like I'm watching a bad SOAP with just as bad acting and plots. Ugh...... stab my foot with butter knife. :mad:

I liked the Vegas version of the show the first five years of the show, because they stayed away from the soap opera stuff. But after awhile, every good show seems to turn to the soapy stuff to keep their ratings because they're running out of other ideas. That's when I stop watching them.

Oh and the Miami version was bad from the start, but at least you could turn that one into a drinking game: Every time Horatio dod something with his sumglasses, you take a drink. Every time he says "Here's what I want you to do" you take a drink. Every time he makes some impossible promise to some scantily-clad, silicone-implanted victim, you take two drinks. I guarantee you'll be lit by the end of the show.:mug:

The opening 3 minutes of CSI miami is hysterical.

there's no point in watching the rest of the episode.

watch

I rest my case.

Polly Perett on NCIS is hawt. She makes that show watchable. However, if you're watching any kind of mystery it as to be House. That show cracks me up.

CSI Miami. That's the one where the lady coroner always says something supposedly sympathetic about the poor corpse and overdoes it almost to the point of necrophilia. I swear she's gonna bang the corpse one day soon. That show is insanely cringe inducing.

You are not alone, the show is awful. I watched it a few times when I first got my new lcd and could pick up that station in HD, it just looked so dam good.

I watched the first one quite a bit when it started, then I got tired of being jerked around by those numbnuts. They give you a bunch of clues, and have you guessing one way for a while, then near the end, they switch it all around and you find out it was someone else. EVERY FREAKING EPISODE!

Anyway, I generally hate TV dramas. Anything with Cops, Doctors, Lawyers, Courtrooms, etc. just makes me sick.

When they did the CSI Miami, I watch one or two, but it was the same thing bu twith worse characters. Then when CSI NY started, and it was filmed in this funky "NY blue" tint, I just gagged a bit. Why is NY always filmed like that? I mean, it doesn't ACTUALLY look like that in real life, right??

Yeah, I pretty much hate CSI too.

I like the original CSI enough to put up with all the BS and still enjoy it.

One shark jumping moment for though, was when Warwick was figuring out the position of the sun as it was during the crime a few hours before. He made all sorts of calculations in his head, then ended it all by taking into account the rotation of the fooking Earth! WTF man!! If the exact position of the sun is that important, come back the next day at the same time! Account for the few seconds of daily difference if you absolutely must, but come back the next day!

Oh wait, I forgot he had to figure it out before the end of the show?:eek:

Fooking stoopid.

CSI never really appealed to me. It's ridiculously unrealistic.

I used to watch L&O with my roommates. I guess we got more into L&O: CI (dubbed L&O: Illegal $hit) and L&O: SVU (dubbed L&O: Anger Issues) because they were on more often. Name "improvements" courtesy of my roommate who is a CJ major.

I realize it's a really popular show but I can't stand CSI. There are a million versions of it but the one with the red headed guy where he takes his sunglasses on and off every scene drives me nuts.

that's why he only lasted 1 season on NYPD Blue....

Back