Ambient air temperature -27 right now.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yooper

Ale's What Cures You!
Staff member
Admin
Mod
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Arggghhh. I'm getting ready to go way to work. The TV is on, giving the weather report. The air temperature in my town is -27 right now. It's not too windy, so I don't know if they announced the wind chill, but it sure feels cold.

Last night after hockey practice, my son mentioned it was cold. Sunday night after my hockey practice, my hair froze on the way home. But I usually don't look at the thermometer. That makes it seem even colder, you know. If this cold weather keeps up, I'll have to find a hat.

I hate winter. I hate being cold. I hate when the people at the grocery store say, "Cold enough for you?" Why do I live in an inhabitable climate? That's the real question, I guess.

It's not spo bad here in Northern VA. We are geting our first snow of the season right now actually. It's going to be no more than 3 inches or so, but people here don't know how to deal with it and the roads are a mess already... So I might be leaving work in just a few!!!

That is one of many reasons I left northern MI for Indiana... it is downright tropical here in comparison :D

Can get chilly here i CO. It's -5 currently, but was 70 last week and will be in the 50's this weekend. But we get sunshine around 300 day's a year. Helps with the whole depression thing. Work hard, save and when you retire you can move someplace tropical like Pol. hehehe

Bloody hell, that's cold! :eek:

Lorena, if you despise the cold and winter, get the $%#* out of Michigan! :D

We're getting some light snow; Lisa actually has a two hour delay as a result.

Jason

Why do I live in an inhabitable climate? That's the real question, I guess.

Cause you're a Yooper! You can take it! Cold makes you appreciate warm in a wholly unique way that no mono-season folks can ever know! It makes you saner in a barking mad crazy kinda way.

Them warm climate folks ain't right in the head, ya know?!

:ban:

It's a balmy 4F here today. Yesterday was the same temp that you have today... Glad to know my thermometer can still go above 0!

It's a balmy 17 here now, but my furnace is on the fritz, so it's friggin 53 in the house. I'm sitting at home waiting for the furnace guyt hat was supposed to be here almost an hour ago. :mad::mad:

I hate winter. I hate being cold. I hate when the people at the grocery store say, "Cold enough for you?" Why do I live in an inhabitable climate? That's the real question, I guess.

I've been asking myself those same questions for the last 10 years. This is one of the coldest winters I can remember since I have lived in Northern MN. We have had 3 days that hit -40, 12 days that have hit -30, and over 30 that have been -20 or colder. We had a stretch of 6 days that we didnt get above -5.

It ain't the cold so much that bothers me. It is the cabin fever that gets to me. Especially come March and the snow melts... It seems to be warming...

The mud is flowing thick, yup it's MUD season! Then BAM

Just kidding, cold snap and it snows again!

AAAAaaaaaagghhh!!!

Is the UP still trying to seceed from the LP? I think the name "Iceland" is already taken..:D

It's in the low 30's here. Nowhere near MI temps, but we've had a number of cold days this winter.

I enjoy brewing when it's cooler out, I just hover over the kettle.

I thought you once told me that Windchill Factor was for wimps and those that live below the Mighty Mack. :D

Hey Yoop, we got room for ya down here in the desert. :tank:

Windchill is for wimps! I didn't even read about the ****ing windchill. Windchill isn't "real", anyway. That's like saying, "well, it's hot outside, and it's humid, so it's more like 125 degrees". No, it's still 90 degrees, just humid. You know?

My thermometer only read -25, though, so I think the news lied about it being -27. I was actually looking for a hat this morning and then said **** it, I'll just go to work. The kids had a two hour delay going to school today- apparently diesel busses don't like -30 temps. I don't know how low it actually got last night- probably -35 or -40. I'm going to have to find some gloves and a hat if this **** keeps up.

Here's the good part- it's way too cold for clouds and for snow. So, we have plenty of bright sunshine.

Here's the best part- one year until I retire and go to Florida for January, February, and March. No desert (which I LOVE!) because one of us in this house needs fishing. I don't need fishing, I just like it. Not much fishing in Tuscon when I lived there!

For the better part of a week we've had a windchill warning (anywhere from 40 to 60 below) that expires the next day at noon, which is then pushed back until the next day. I think it finally expired today at noon!

I found it funny when the broadcasters at the inauguration were talking about how cold it was and how Obama had to go into his limo every 10 minutes to warm up. Gimme a break, it was 30 degrees outside! All I know is we've "beaten" Antarctica a few days this year for 'coldest place on the god forsaken planet'.

Aw c'mon Yooper, it's not so bad! Tell you what, if summer falls on a Saturday this year, I'll drive up and we'll have a picnic!

BTW, one of the Green Bay TV stations mentioned last night that we are experiencing the coldest January in 15 years............

Its been $#%*( cold in the lower peninsula this week too. Not quite that (-27) cold but imagine you are me, and you had to install a new engine in your car, without a heated garage. And a small propane heater that only one side works on. I REALLY wish the Wee Heavy was ready because I would have drank a case of that over the last week. To "forget" ya know. :D

Does the rest of the country think we are insane for living in Michigan?

Here's the best part- one year until I retire and go to Florida for January, February, and March. No desert (which I LOVE!) because one of us in this house needs fishing. I don't need fishing, I just like it. Not much fishing in Tuscon when I lived there!

Another Freakin Snowbird;)

You can come down, but only if you bring beer:D

Back