best way to get into kegging?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RJSkypala

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been brewing for about 3 years now and I am finally interested in getting myself into a kegging situation. I am brewing very frequently now and I don't think bottling will be sustainable much longer. Anyway here is my plan.

I have six weeks off from school for winter break, up until then I will spend my time finding a local chest freezer for sale on craigslist (there are frequently ones for cheap since I live in a big hunting area). I will also buy a temperature controller. My question has more to do with the best way to get set up so I can have a 2-4 keg system in the freezer. I know extra kegs can be had on the cheap, I am thinking more along the lines of what will be the best place to get startup equipment so that I will be set-up to keg. Hope that wasnt too confusing.

thanks!
RJ

I, no kidding, looked on craigslist for about 4 months straight, at least 3 times a week, looking for cornies and never once found one for cheaper than you can get online.

I got my set up from kegconnection.com. They're very reasonably priced and it eliminates a lot of the guess work and research of what to get and from where. They're also really nice and helpful! Good luck and you'll love the difference kegging makes!

Back