Looking for feedback on a new cider product

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

willyg243

Reaction score
Hello,

I am doing a little market research before I move forward on introducing a new product to the U.S. Homebrew market. I am planning on releasing an apple cider concentrate that can be used for making hard ciders. The advantage being that it is consistent, available year round, and can be stored for up to a year.

Before I go nuts and start running production I was hoping to get a little feedback from the market. Please let me know what you think of the idea or fill out this survey, so I have some hard data to work off of. Thank you for your help.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TMFSG9M

-Will

I would think that, because cider is so heavily dependent on the variety of apples and the freshness of the juice, making cider from concentrate might not have a broad appeal. As a brewer, I'd worry that the concentration process might damage the more delicate elements of the juice, leading a finished cider that's lacking in flavor, and/or has a flat or generic taste. I suppose if it was cold-concentrated and made from varietal apples at the peak of flavor, it would be potentially appealing for times when fresh juice is scarce or out of season. It would definitely be appealing if it was made from estate-grown apples of English or French origin, the fresh juice of which is hard to come by here in the states.

Back