yeast starter question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hepkat701

Reaction score
So I made my first yeast starter yesterday. Now I cant brew tonight, how long will it be good for? can i put it in fridge and still use tomorrow?

you actually want to put it (covered) in the fridge overnight, then decant the liquid off the top and pitch the yeast. Bring it up to your wort, or room temp before you pitch.

As far as I know, you should be good just leaving it until tomorrow when you brew.

If you do put it in the fridge, I would decant the liquid off the top and then let the rest get to room temp before pitching.

This is my opinion and I will let some of the more experienced brewers correct me if I am wrong.

As far as I know, you should be good just leaving it until tomorrow when you brew.

If you do put it in the fridge, I would decant the liquid off the top and then let the rest get to room temp before pitching.

This is my opinion and I will let some of the more experienced brewers correct me if I am wrong.

This is correct. Your starter wort is actually really ****ty tasting, and I never felt it should be added into your beer. Folks say that it doesn't affect their beer at all but it doesn't make sense to me.

Decanted wort off the top. Made another starter and added to yeast, seems to be fermenting good! Thanks for the advice..

Back