Portable Kegerator Input

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ultrazord

Reaction score
A friend of mine and I are working on an idea. I love to brew frequently but can't drink full 5gallon batches regularly so I love to bring beers to parties and give some away (donations always accepted!). So basically bottles work best. However, we're trying to come up with a mobile kegerator idea. Basic needs:

3+ taps.
5+gallon kegs
CO2 tank
Standard power + car outlet power
Wheels
Ability to get it into a car or SUV

What else would you want on your mobile Kegerator? We're aiming for roughly a $1,000 total cost. Friend also operates a party bus which could potentially use this kegerator later, which is double win for us. Input appreciated.

It's gonna be a little tough getting 3 5-gallon kegs (in a kegerator type setup) into a car.

Are you averse to using plain ol' ice to cool down the beer? If not, check out the DIY forum. Look for biermuncher's rolling trash can kegerator and other similar threads.

Or a jockey box... not as bad ass as a kegerator but super easy and a lot cheaper and a lot easier to move around. I've seen huge coolers with as many as 4 taps on them before.

Back