Malt Extract in Bulk

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brmdavis

Reaction score
I just bought 33 lbs of light malt extract for $40.00 at bells brewery thanks to a fellow HBT member, of which the name escapes me but i'll think of it and repost. My question is, i have no scale and i've thrown away all my old empty cans of malt, how many ounces by volume are in one can of 3.3 lb malt? Also, are there any magic ways/tricks to get the extract out other than pour and pray?

dumb questions i know...

brmdavis said:
I just bought 33 lbs of light malt extract for $40.00 at bells brewery thanks to a fellow HBT member, of which the name escapes me but i'll think of it and repost. My question is, i have no scale and i've thrown away all my old empty cans of malt, how many ounces by volume are in one can of 3.3 lb malt? Also, are there any magic ways/tricks to get the extract out other than pour and pray?

dumb questions i know...

I'm getting ready to go to DME and I bought a scale.........www.morebeer.com......I got one for ouces and pounds because both have a tray that pulls off so I could do everything from sugar, hops & malts......

I think between the two scales I have about $12 before shipping.......

33 pounds of light DME for $40........That's insanity........I need friends like yours..........

:tank:

If memory serves, concentrated LME has a gravity of 1.45, so 3.3 lb of LME would occupy a volume of 36.4 fl oz. (3.3 lb * 16 oz/lb / 1.45 SG = 36.4)

Latest posts

Back