THB in NYC - 3/9 through 3/13

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoHeadsBrewing

Reaction score
Traveling for business to NYC next week. Staying across the river by the Queensboro bridge, so access to the city should be easy. I'd like to hit Brooklyn Brewing Co. at some point that week, but what other microbrews and brewpubs are in the area? I've visited many pubs and bars in the village and soho areas but really haven't explored the area on the lower east side.

Here's where I'm staying: Luxury Boutique Hotels in Long Island City Queens New York NY near LaGuardia Airport

[ame]http://maps.google.com/maps?oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&ie=UTF8&q=ravel+hotel+long+island+city&fb=1&split=1&gl=us&cid=0,0,12345003838141622989&ei=ntKuSYzgDaCSsQOb07CwDg&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A[/ame]

Sweet. I'd love to meet up. I'll be there on business starting 3/11 until at least 3/13. If any of the NYCers would like to chime in on places to go, I'd be down if the timing works out.:)

Here's where I'm staying:
Luxury Boutique Hotels in Long Island City Queens New York NY near LaGuardia Airport

Good luck getting a DFH60 in this joint:

03.jpg

Course...I'm sure you'll be spending all your spare time here : :D

16.jpg

Good luck getting a DFH60 in this joint:

Course...I'm sure you'll be spending all your spare time here : :D

LOL! Yah, not sure if I'll make it to the gym on this trip. Every time I visit the city I get enough excercise just walking around. Not sure if the weather will allow it this time, but we'll see.

Works for me. My digs aren't quite as nice as yours, Courtyard on 3rd Ave., but the price was right for NYC -- $164 a night.

Well I'd rather stay in the city, but the client I'm visiting is just a few blocks away from my hotel. At least one of those nights, I'll be coming into the city via the #7 line into Grand Central station. I figured I would walk around and get into trouble from there :D. Alternately, it would be great to hit the Brooklyn Brewery as well.

Well I'd rather stay in the city, but the client I'm visiting is just a few blocks away from my hotel. At least one of those nights, I'll be coming into the city via the #7 line into Grand Central station. I figured I would walk around and get into trouble from there :D. Alternately, it would be great to hit the Brooklyn Brewery as well.
I've never been to BB. Unfortunately, my days will largely be taken up with work. Maybe the nights, too. I won't know until the weekend. Once you get to Grand Central, you're golden. I won't be far from there.

Well...here I are! Looking at the NYC skyline from across the river in Long Island City. Think I might take a train into Grand Central and take a cab to the lower east side for dinner/drinks. Anyone have any suggestions about where to go?

Well...here I are! Looking at the NYC skyline from across the river in Long Island City. Think I might take a train into Grand Central and take a cab to the lower east side for dinner/drinks. Anyone have any suggestions about where to go?

what kind of food do you like? budget?
i am a huge foodie, and could recommend a dozen places for you.

Just took the train down over to Time Square and grabbed a bite and brew at some random BBQ place (with an obnoxious neon sign of course). To answer your question, I like ANYTHING. Seriously, I'm not really picky about food...as long as the place has a good beer menu I'm happy :D.

I'm going to meet some people there for drinks at 7pm or around that time. I see CT is playing the Orangemen...you covering that one?

Latest posts

Back