240V 30A GFCI Cord

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chugmaster

Reaction score
Is there anywhere online where people have been able to purchase a 240V 30A GFCI cord with 3 wires and a ground, rated for 5mA?

I want to go this route rather than use a spa panel or breaker for portability reasons.

the only ones I have ever seen are the xerox ones that are 10ma response time. Well in a reasonable price range anyway. Even those xerox ones are hard to find now though.

I was looking for something similar, and have decided to try and make my own 'gfci cord'. The plan is to buy one of those otterbox/pelican type cases that will be big enough for the GFI cutoff (most that come from spa panels arent really breakers, only gfi cutoff devices rated for the listed load, so you need to make sure you are plugging into something that still has a overload breaker within range of your witing), wire it through with 10/4 wire (8/4 if you have a 50A setup) with liquid tight strain relief connectors. ideally you would want the GFI as close to the outlet side as possible, but your setup will likely dictate where you put the box. This way I have a waterproof, transportable GFI protected input in the case I transport my brewery.

Back