Keggle questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Redcat

Reaction score
So I've got a keggle cut already, but the opening is too small for the turkey basket I want to use.

Will the keg still be strong enough if I cut a 13.75" hole in the top? Also any suggestions for how to cut the hole that large? I don't think I can use my angle grinder since the shield will be in the way.

The size of the hole does not have anything to do with its strength. They are more than strong enough for what you're going to use it for (a pot, basically). What size is the hole now?

My keggle has a BIG opening. I have around an inch of SS around the outter rim. I bought mine that way, but I think it was plasma cut.

Unlike other things, the size of the hole doesn't compromise anything.

Some people just lop the whole top off horizontally underneath the "skirting," and even that is perfectly sound structurally:

allclean.jpg

Dougie, where do you live? Are you in any brew clubs?

I'm abou 2 miles north of downtown St. Pete. I used to be in the Dunedin Brewers Guild, but have been attending PUB Guild events lately and will probably become a member there sooner than later.

I have another guy that lives in Kenwood that I brew with here and there too. The more the merrier, I say!

The size is 12 1/2" right now. That's about as large as I was able to get it with the cut off wheel.

I'm probably going to try the dremel rotozip thing. See how that works, and if it works better.

Dougie, where do you live? Are you in any brew clubs?

I'm abou 2 miles north of downtown St. Pete. I used to be in the Dunedin Brewers Guild, but have been attending PUB Guild events lately and will probably become a member there sooner than later.

I have another guy that lives in Kenwood that I brew with here and there too. The more the merrier, I say!

Off us19N off 38th ave no clubs

Back