Used 5 Gallon Keg Systems at Northern Brewer

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewProject

Reaction score
i'm curious...

i received a catalog from these guys recently and saw some used keg systems for $130...

i bottle, but do have a fridge in my garage that holds almost nothing. i could easily fit these 5 gallon kegs in there. i could start with one and eventually build up to five, with through door taps...

my real question is has anyone ordered these?
how involved is the cleaning?

the site says they hold pressure, but may require parts. if that's the case does anyone know what might need replacing and how expensive those parts are?

the new systems are $85 more and run about $225, so the cheaper price is intriguing to me...

here's the online link for the systems...

NORTHERN BREWER: Draft Systems

can anyone comment on this? or can i get the parts i need cheaper elsewhere and just haven't researched it???

thanks in advance
:mug:

I just got 2 kegs, 5 lb. CO2 tank, dual guage regulator with split valves, 2 gas lines, 2 beer lines with picnic taps, and the tank hook ups...all for $208 from Keg Connection. That price was even better than piecing everything together (at least from the research i did).

I just got 2 kegs, 5 lb. CO2 tank, dual guage regulator with split valves, 2 gas lines, 2 beer lines with picnic taps, and the tank hook ups...all for $208 from Keg Connection. That price was even better than piecing everything together (at least from the research i did).

that's exactly who i am looking at on ebay...

i'm pretty much sold, just don't know whether to go with three kegs or four :mug:

Whatever your wallet can handle my friend.
Just to praise them....I ordered last tuesday and it shipped on wednesday got it on monday. Everything I ordered was packaged well and in good condition. I've tested everything and it's all in great working order!!

Whatever your wallet can handle my friend.
Just to praise them....I ordered last tuesday and it shipped on wednesday got it on monday. Everything I ordered was packaged well and in good condition. I've tested everything and it's all in great working order!!

that's really great to hear Chimney, appreciate the little review...

i'm about to pull the trigger :mug:

pulled the trigger...

should be here in time for my two latest brews to go into 2 of these...

four%20faucet%20fridge%20corney.jpg

Since, I live in Texas I had to pay sales tax, but not bad for $487.99 to my front door via UPS :mug:

Congrates. I bought my kegging stuff from Keg Connection, and was happy with the purchase. Of course I have been buying many more kegs to support the addiction.

i was gonna start with just one keg, picnic spigot... and upgrade to 4 kegs with door taps eventually...

after taking some time to research the costs of upgrading to a 4 keg system over time, it was cheaper to just bite the bullet and buy the whole nine yards together now...

can't wait to get it up and running. should be putting it to the test within a week and a half :mug:

Latest posts

Back