ahs arrol's 80 shilling q's?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CO_crawler

Reaction score
Just ordered my first kit, austin homebrew's arrol 80 shilling. I ordered the extract kit which is supposed to come with:

Extract: 5.5 lbs. Liquid Malt Extract, 2 lbs. Specialty Grains

Is this purely extract or partial as it says, Extract kit includes: priming sugar, milled specialty grains in a muslin bag, hops, and detailed instructions? Somebody told me that I will have to steep my grains, is this the case and where is a good source of how-to's on this.

Any experiences with arrol's or other shilling ales of this type?

Thanks!:mug:

Just follow the instructions that come with the kit. Generally speaking people steep their grains at 150-155 degrees. Think of it like making a cup of tea. You put the bag in the hot water till all the flavor and color comes out and...Walah! your steeping grains!

easy stuff. I'm sure you'll have lots of questions and your in the right place! Congrats on taking the step on brewing your first brew!

cheers,

It is easy. I have heard AHS has nice kits and yeah, just follow the directions. We will be here if you get cunfuzled.

Cant wait anylonger, I have to the stuff aint here yet!! Been thinking about doing this for many years but never took the time. Thanks for the info.

Back