Another Plumbing Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plinythebadass

Reaction score
First of all, if you guys havent noticed ive been posting a lot in here and I really truly appreciate EVERYTHING you guys are throwing back at me!!

Now im wondering about hot side transfers on my two tier rig im putting together! Between the HLT and the MLT and the RIMS loops...should I use copper piping or that high temp ratef silicon hosing thats food grade? Im thinking bended copper (minimal soldered joints) piping from tank to pump to tank and everything else would be pretty bad ass! But the ese of use with silicon and the overall easier build process is REALLY attractive...thoughts?

I did silicone tubing and morebeer quick disconnects since I don't have the space for a stand. I have a coworker who will weld for beer so I am now regretting not going with tri clamps. Not sure if you have thought about the copper connections if you go that route: copper in contact with stainless will corrode quickly in the presence of acids (wort and sanitizer).

On a side note, I live in Santa Rosa as well. If you ever want to get together and brew, holla!

In Roseland now but but Montgomery village area soon. I used to be a Beer-o-crat but work odd hours so I was never able to go to events and dont keep up anymore.

What did you decide to do for the plumbing?

In Roseland now but but Montgomery village area soon. I used to be a Beer-o-crat but work odd hours so I was never able to go to events and dont keep up anymore.

What did you decide to do for the plumbing?

I figured since I'm only 22 and a college student (and no where near starting my professional brewery) that hose barbs and C/G fittings would be the way to go. I have no problem replacing hoses every now and then :)

Back