Beer empting back into keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garbageman

Reaction score
Ok, hooked up a new keg and noticed after about 30 minutes between pulls I would develop a few inches of air in the draft line at both faucet and keg. Checked both connections and line. No leaks. Cleaned lines and faucet. Still there. Put new faucet on thinking it was not sealing. Still there. Could it be the keg? Where do I go from here?

It could be CO2 coming out of solution due to temperature difference from the bottom of your keg to the top of the cooler and/or heat entry from your tap, or the pressure drop from opening the tap.

I run a fan inside the Keezer to level temps out. Issue is the last 10 kegs fine, now this one is acting up. The other 3 in the Keezer run fine.

Is the keg you just swapped in carbonated? How did you carbonate it? Is it still warm?

Is the keg you just swapped in carbonated? How did you carbonate it? Is it still warm?

Carbed up slow and low. Chilled 3 days prior to tapping. Has Sanke connector so gonna switch that out this evening and see if it makes a difference.

Back