Extract Pumpkin Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kb9vzh

Reaction score
Well it is cooling off a bit in central Illinois and I must admit I have been working too much to get a batch into the primary. I would like to start off the season with an extract pumpkin brew. Dose anyone have a good recipie for one? Is a kit avalable that I can add pumpkin and spice to make a pumpkin ale??? Please help, I would like to have one done by mid October.

I will be starting an IPA and ????? this weekend to get myself out of my brewing slow down. I promiss not to let it happen again...

There are a few recipes on here in that section and although I only surfed it for a few minutes, typing that into a search engine turns up some places that do sell extract kits.

Here's one that uses DME and grain steeping.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/showthread.php?t=26699

I spoke to Yuri about this and he recommends using 1.5 to 2 Oz of Kent Golding Hops for a 60 min boil an forgetting about the rest of the hops as the spice cover the flavor hop addition anyway.

I had to use Victory in mine instead of the Biscuit malt because my LHBS didn't carry biscuit malt.

I'm also going to us Nottingham yeast just to keep it as simple as possible.

Back